1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My freshly tricked out Squier VM Jaguar Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrzrzr, Apr 9, 2014.

1. mrzrzr

mrzrzr

Almost finished pimpin' my Squier Jaguar bass, with luthier Nevo Ron in Berlin. I cannot compliment him enough for a job well done (and not for the first time).

As I grew up as a musician in the 90's, I always hated Squier basses. I know the subject was discussed a lot, but the point I am trying to make here, is that I fell in love with that bass right from the beginning. The mods I've done were only to make it sound the way I like. Even though I bought it as a touring bass, it became my main bass, also in the studio.

I strung her with TI flats, the only set I use.
    [​IMG]

We installed a P-style ashtray, with muting foam on the upper side of the strings, make it easier to play bridge position, and rings like a charm (a J-style ashtray could be a good idea too, to make you play on the precision PU).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lately we added a Jaguar lower control plate, standard jaguar wiring. An ON/OFF switch for each PU, and a serial/parallel switch. Last mod was replacing the output jack with a Switchcraft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are some more pics. Enjoy. :D
    https://www.facebook.com/cricket.joe/media_set?set=a.10152309189038351.1073741834.767328350&type=3

P.S,
    Is there an easy working way to upload a photo which I don't know about?

2. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    The Squier Jag is a very useable bass. I have one and it plays/sounds really good. I put a P neck on mine and it has a distressed gold-leaf finish I did on it which I call the "Gold Core Road Warrior". Looks like you've added some tone options to yours that will further expand it's palette. I put a P-bridge cover on mine also.

[​IMG]

3. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member

4. mrzrzr

mrzrzr

Anyone knows the stacked pots values on this one? Is it 250/250 or 250/500?

5. Register to disable this ad