1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My GK MB115-ii is compressing lows?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Tupac, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Tupac

Tupac

Used to have an Acoustic B10 for my 2 and a half years of playing. I practice with headphones exclusively and borrow my instructor's fancy rig for shows. Got a GK MB115-ii. Totally sick amp, but I notice it seems to compress a lot of things that the B10 didn't. The headphone tone on the B10 was great, it was very bright and clear. The GK has a distinctly different tone, and no matter how I play with the gain and master volume, it seems like those low E string notes are compressed a bit.
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Are you sure you are not confusing sustain from a better design with compression? Where are your EQ settings at.
  3. Tupac

Tupac

Everything at 12 oclock. And no I am not sure.
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Try Treble 10:00, High mids 1:00, Low mids 11:00 and Bass 9:00 for close to "flat" response and adjust from there (you most likely won't like it) :). Your B10 had a much different voice but time to start from "square one" and learn what those knobs do. The G-K will let your low end ring out longer than the B10.
  5. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Try different headphones.