1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My Guilty Pleasure: Gin Wigmore

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rush-2112, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Oh gawd, my man card's gonna be in check after this one :bag:

So I stumbled upon this really awesome artist from New Zealand a while ago, and I just can't get enough of her. Though some may find it annoying, I for one love the sound of her voice (then again, I also like Geddy Lee's 70s screech :D)...but seriously her voice has this awesome raw element to it. Very reminiscent of Macy Gray, Amy Winehouse, etc. She's also incredibly...er...hawt :cool:

Have you guys heard of her? I think she's been getting some more exposure lately due to some of her songs being on commercials for Lowe's, and, very recently, the latest James Bond film. Here are a few I like:

Skyfall Heineken Ad

Let me know what you think :bag:

PS I'm always into discovering new music...share your guilty pleasures.
  2. elgecko

elgecko

3. elgecko

elgecko

4. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

YES! Her voice is awesome. Nice, will check out those songs :D

Sweeeeet thanks for the suggestions!
  5. Auguste

Auguste

Great voice for a set

Maybe a bit much for multiple sets

Thanks for posting
  6. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Agreed. No prob man, glad you enjoyed :bassist:
  7. elgecko

elgecko

Her new album Gravel & Wine has been released on iTunes, Spotify, etc. I didn't really like it at first but it's grown on me. Poison is an especially good song.

http://www.last.fm/music/Gin Wigmore

:bag:
  8. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Haha come outta there my friend. You're not alone, I'm such a fan of her work. So much so, that she may or may not have been in town last week. And I may or may not have gone to see her. And these may or may not be pics of the show :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just look at that Gretsch :cool:
  9. arai

arai

Getting buckle rash from hell:crying:
  10. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn! Supporting Member

Nice..Never heard of Gin.I like her voice and she sure is purdy :) I will turn my wife on to her she digs chick singers like this...so do I.