1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My Ibanez SR1405E arrived today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chasbo, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Chasbo

Chasbo

My Bass was being shipped by FedEx and was scheduled to arrive late afternoon. My concerns with the temps in the teens that the Box and my Bass would sit out in the frigid air and somehow become damaged somehow. When I arrived home from work the Boxed instrument was on my front porch. Once inside I unpacked the instrument and it was very cold in my hands. I examined the Bass and was amazed at the quality construction,clean lines and overall cosmetic beauty. I allowed the Bass to warm to room temp before connecting to my Amp. Each string was tuned a half step down and once tuned to standard I was like a kid in a candy store. The action out of the box was near perfect and required no setup whatsoever. I am an experienced Bassist and have played and owned many 4 and 5 string Bass's. I have never been a big fan of Ibanez and I bought this Bass simply on reviews by others. I hit a homerun on this instrument. Sorry this is so lengthy but just wanted to share my experiences with my new Bass.:bassist:
  2. Warmuth

Warmuth Supporting Member

Congrats. I've got the 4 string and imo these are the best basses per dollar bar none. You've got some fun times ahead with it for sure!
  3. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Congrats - those are beautiful basses with fantastic quality.

Now where's the pic?
  4. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Congratulations! Awesome score. Did you buy it new or used?
  5. FlatFive

FlatFive

I've been gas-free since I already own 12 basses. But THAT is the one I still yearn for. Phenomenal bass. Sounds amazing. Plays great. And the best Ibanez neck I've ever played.