1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My MIA P-bass stock strings - I love them

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mike Vee, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Mike Vee

Mike Vee

Does anyone know what strings come on the 2012 MIA standard P-bass?

Also, am I crazy to love them? They seem to have perfect tone. Absolutely perfect feel, etc! So easy to play for some reason. I was going to switch them out but I have fallen in love. Can I just keep them on forever? I like a dull sound anyway.

Just got an Avalon U5 and I put a mute on WOW WOWOWOWOW tone for days - simply amazing finished record sound.

2. David Jayne

David Jayne

Probably Fender Super Bass 8250 if taperwound, 7250 if not. I like them too.

3. Mike Vee

Mike Vee

how can I tell? I am not a full time bass player - I just have one around in the studio and I do OK for my purposes (loops for electronic music)

4. Linnin

Linnin

The MIA P's come stock with 7250's NPS 045-.105.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-7250m-super-bass-nickel-plated-steel-long-scale-bass-strings--medium

I like the 8250 set that came on my MIA Jazz even better because of the taperwound .110 E string allows for better vibration.

I also like D'Addario's EXL-170BT set. It has a taperwound .107 E string that vibrates quite accurately. The Balanced Tension set is excellent in every respect, and is what I am playing now.

It is widely suspicioned that D'Addario manufactures Fender's bass strings.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mike Vee

Mike Vee

haha wow they are mega cheap - any drawbacks?

7. Linnin

Linnin

None really. It's an excellent quality straight forward nickel plated roundwound string set.

8. thebreakman

thebreakman Supporting Member

On the 2012 Ameican Standards, the strings that came on them, or at least mine were the FenderĀ® USA Super Bass 8250M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .110TW Gauges). If you look up the specs on these, that is what is on them when you recieve them.

9. reasonbass

reasonbass Supporting Member

I've always loved the sound from the 7250's. They have a nice punchy sound without too much noise.

10. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    If you guys like the new Fender strings that D;addario now make you would love the old Fender ones they used to make in their factory in Mexico but stopped about 4 years ago. They were great strings! I stock piled them! getting a nash bass today and going to throw some of the old 7250 on them. The old 8250 were even better! Its like a perfect marriage to the string through bodies! the new 8250 are no longer round core and dont quite fit the same around the saddle....d'addario made the taper too short!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

11. Precision101

Precision101

I used to use the fender superbass medium nickels all the time. Until... Well... I discovered rotosounds:D