1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My modular rig...with rackmounted Zoom B2

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Sundogue, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue Supporting Member

Since I play with 5 bands and 3 of them require rehearsals and all require different volume, styles and tones, I found I've been having to schlep a lot of gear back and forth.

I just decided to build a new rack for my amp, Zoom B2 (my tone in a box) and my wireless...and a "hook" to hold my bass instead if needing a stand.

With a new rack I decided to take my wireless receiver and my Zoom pedal apart and rackmount them because I never needed the Zoom as a floor pedal. Now with the Zoom and wireless in a rack with the amphead, I can keep my cords in the rack and just plug in the speaker cabs and one power cord. No more messing around with wireless/pedal setup on the floor. I can also arrange my rig to suit stage space. I can either set it up vertical to take up less floor space or side by side on larger stages so I can set notes and drinks, etc. on my rig (which is preferable).

Just thought I'd share my modular rig (and the new rackmounted version of the Zoom B2). Here's a few pics...

[​IMG]

Vertical setup...

[​IMG]

Or side by side...

[​IMG]

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    One of the best looking rigs out there!

3. dhsierra1

dhsierra1

Beautiful work as always :cool:

Obviously a fF 15/6 but what's the other cab?

4. Sundogue

Thanks guys. I made my rack match the finish of my cabs with a faux red leather finish.

The other cab is my own custom (pre-fEARful) 210/6 cab loaded with BP102's. Not quite the match of the 3015LF, but some decent low end for a 210. When the 210/6 cab is used with the fEARful the mid is disconnected. Ideally I'll get around to building a 15 Sub, but for now on louder gigs using it with the 15/6 allows me to not have to push the 15/6 very hard (not that I couldn't, but given the price of neos, I'd just as soon not push it to it's limits).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dhsierra1

dhsierra1

yeah, I remember that cab and your two 1-10s after that. A great design, I still have mine and use them a fair amount for double bass and smaller gigs. Just need to upgrade the drivers from the Peaveys in there.

7. Sundogue

For anyone who might be interested, I posted a thread about Rackmounting my Zoom B2

The Zoom B2 fortunately had layered circuit boards so I could spread them out and reconfigure it into my rack fairly easily.

Without the heavy duty footswitches, it is easy to press both buttons now to engage the tuner or change presets. With both my wireless and Zoom B2 in the rack, setup only takes a few seconds. Plug in two speaker cables, one power cord and flip a switch.