my neighbor slashed my tire. what would you do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by groooooove, Mar 12, 2011.

1. groooooove

groooooove

i live in a house with 5 people who all have their own cars. if everyones positioned perfectly, all 5 cars fit on / infront of our property. if thats not the case, across the street is the most likely place to park.

i heard from other neighbors that so-and-so gets royally pissed when we park infront of his house, and how if it continues hes "gonna do something about it." i diddnt take that seriously since he was speaking to others and not us. we were by no means on negative terms.

both of his cars fit in his driveway just fine. he started parking one of them on the street, where my (or my brothers) cars end up- between his house and the next house.

well, the other night, i had to go infront of his car- directly infront of his house. i knew it'd probably piss him off, but i mean- it was still the most logical place to park my car. the next morning my car had a flat- the driver side front. turned out to be clearly stabbed on purpose, wich was verified by the dude at the gas station that said "is cant be fixed- on side.."

ever since that morning, hes been constantly peeking out his windows and watching me- my friends - my brothers - everyone, who is in and around my property. hes been parking his cars in the garage at night the last two nights, wich he normally diddnt do. acting obviously guilty, and suspicious.

what would you do? i dont want to neccesarily just go talk to him because he's (as this story implies) all sorts of scummy and will just deny it- and then be "onto me" so to speak, if i were to seek revenge. especially taking into account that nobody in my family was ever asked by him to not park infront of his house. (i understand its a sort of rude thing to do. but i also need to park somewhere)

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    File a police report.

Document the vandalism.

Probably not a whole lot you can do about this incident but if it happens again you'll have previous incidents documented.

3. Batmensch

Batmensch

Talk to the cops, and see what they suggest. Even if you can't prove he did it, at least you will have put them on notice that somehting fishy is going on.

4. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Media:
    Albums:
    IMHO talk to them and find a win-win solution for the problem.
    It's alot better to be nice w the neighbourhood and have a nice neighbourhood. Be nice to your neighbour.
    Give and take

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tom once dead

tom once dead

I'd keep parking there, and put a camera inside the car at night.

7. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Ugh, terrible neighbor! and I live in Long Island too, so I don't like hearing this for selfish reasons.

Agreed

8. cassanova

cassanova

The police won't do a thing about it unless you or someone else witnessed your neighbor doing doing it.

That being said, I'd probably still report it just to have documentation that there is vandalism going on.

I'd also talk to neighbors to see if they saw anything. I'd also talk to the neighbor that I thought did it and tell him exactly this. "I don't know who did it, but I have an idea, and if it ever happens again, then I'm going to do something about it."

9. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Put a rock through his window with a note attached that reads "Pull that **** again and both of your cars are up on blocks. I dare you to try and stop me :D"

Yes, the smiley face is required. Police won't do squat without any real proof or witnesses. Give him a fair warning but after that it's war.

10. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Disclosures:
    Unfortunately I don't see levity working with someone that has no respect for other peoples property.

Roads aren't private property and you should be able to park in an available spot without fear of you car being vandalized. Maybe I'm wrong.

Involve the cops,...the neighbor doesn't have to know if you go down to the station to file your report.

You could always passive aggressively tape the receipt for the tire replacement on his door.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Go over there and whip his behind, that is if you can. The police won't be able to do anything since you have no proof he slashed the tire, just circumstantial evidence.

If he was half a man, he would have confronted you instead of peeking out the windows like a scaredy cat.

-Mike

12. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Disclosures:
    I know most you guys are kidding around with the whip his butt and break his windows comments,...but there is no need to bring an assault and vandalism charges upon yourself.

13. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Can't argue with that though.

14. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Can't be charged if he can't see your face :ninja:.

15. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Disclosures:
    Yeah; but you can be the bigger man.

:)

16. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Personally, in that situation I'd much rather prefer vengeance... but that's me. Not necessarily by beating him up though. I stand by my "Friendly Rock" idea. Hell, if I lived in New York I'd do it for you. Of course, we'd have to space it out a bit so he doesn't get too suspicious. Two weeks, three tops and he gets a nice shiny rock.

17. groooooove

groooooove

exactly my point.

cops wont give a damn, the cars already been moved, and fixed, and they tend to not take anything said by a 20 year old seriously.

18. hover

hover

this whole situation reeks of little man getting fired up irrationally and now freaking out because of guilty conscience and being to much of a pussy to face the repercussions. He knows he's in the wrong. You know he knows he's in the wrong. My Mom once dealt with this when a jealous, petty neighbor slashed a tire on her Vette. I lived there at the time and this is how I handled it.

Your next step should be level headed and resolute. I personally would confront him. Something to the extent of

"hey there, the neighborhood knows you have a history of complaining about people parking in front of your home, and regardless of whether you care to acknowledge, the road is public property and I was well within my rights to park there.

Though I have no proof you vandalized my car, I know better. And let it be known that for not being a man and taking the high road and confronting me, you've unfortunately just made an enemy. Consider yourself warned."

And walk away.

19. tom once dead

tom once dead

You could always wait until he parks on the street again, then slash his tires. If he confronts you about it just say 'Must have been the same person that slashed my tire."

20. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

I'm not kidding about the rock... maybe get artsy with a can of spray paint instead.

21. hover

hover

That too. Personally, if I was going the revenge route, I'd go for the can of expanding insulating foam and a long spray straw to the exhaust pipe... hard to detect by lookin...and that car will not start.