1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My new all tube bass rig

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by craigb43, Jul 1, 2013.

1. craigb43

craigb43

Well I have had my first all tube rig The Jaguar 200 bass head and Jaguar 410 cab now for 4 gigs and hours of rehearsals . I am loving this bass rig . i have been playing bass for many years and have plaid thru quite a few different set ups and still have a few that I will keep but I am absolutely loving the all tube goodness of this amp and the 410 cab sounds great as well . I am real happy I went this route , there are a bunch of real nice tube rigs out there. I like the fact that I can talk to the builder of this beast when ever I need to. Great customer service and just real nice guys . After using the micro heads and lighter cabs I was a little concerned about the weight thing but this set up is real easy to get around , its not massive or overly heavy. if your thinking about taking the tube plunge I would highly recommend this company Jaguar amplificationWell I have had my first all tube rig The Jaguar 200 bass head and Jaguar 410 cab now for 4 gigs and hours of rehearsals . I am loving this bass rig . i have been playing bass for many years and have plaid thru quite a few different set ups and still have a few that I will keep but I am absolutely loving the all tube goodness of this amp and the 410 cab sounds great as well . I am real happy I went this route , there are a bunch of real nice tube rigs out there. I like the fact that I can talk to the builder of this beast when ever I need to. Great customer service and just real nice guys . After using the micro heads and lighter cabs I was a little concerned about the weight thing but this set up is real easy to get around , its not massive or overly heavy. if your thinking about taking the tube plunge I would highly recommend this company Jaguar Amplification[​IMG]

2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:

Nice rig, basses are cool too.
    I love tube rigs, But for $4200.00 and change I hope it sounds good. :D
    Wish i had the $$$$$$$

3. craigb43

craigb43

I know their site is being updated i would keep a eye on it . It does sound great and is built like a tank, thanks

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Looks pretty nifty. A little Hiwatt-y.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. craigb43

craigb43

Henry the builder of this amp is a bass player and played thru Ampeg blue line heads I think for many years . He probably got allot of great ideas from them.

7. David A. Davis

David A. Davis

Any way to get some cab mic'd sound clip? Good looking rig. A bit pricey, but if it works for you, that's what matters.

8. craigb43

craigb43

I am going to do some video with it real soon it will pick up the sound nicely. I have some other stuff on you tube that worked well with my Sadowsky NYC P Bass , I will kind of do the same thing . I will put it up here soon , thanks

9. David A. Davis

David A. Davis

Cool! Looking forward to it.

10. craigb43

craigb43

Well after quite a few gigs now I am still loving this amp , probably the best I have had . Super happy with the tone and quality , and it even it looks nice too. Great amp.

11. Fenderon

Fenderon

That sunburst P bass sure looks familiar.

12. craigb43

craigb43

HAHA I know you

13. Fenderon

Fenderon

I'm love the cabs, Thanks.

14. craigb43

craigb43

I will miss them but I still have 1 , like to come see your gear sometime

15. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

Nice looking rig. Any audio/video available? Thanks.

16. Fenderon

Fenderon

Anytime, love to show it to you.

17. craigb43

craigb43

I am starting to work on a video this week for the Jaguar amp , I will be using my fenders and Barker basses and my friend will be playing a Preston Thompson guitar it will be a good one . I do have this we did a couple weeks ago you can hear the bass and amp but cant really see the amp. Will also be doing some good live vids with another band at our next gig it will be good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tmYqkARZeKM

18. craigb43

craigb43

Video is almost done and more to follow , just digging this amp and have the 210 cab on order. This thing is hands down the best amp I have owned , the honeymoon is over and I still love it.

19. majortoby

majortoby

Very boutique looking. I like it.

20. craigb43

craigb43

It does look sexy but most importantly it sounds amazing super fat punchy and clear . Just real happy with it, thanks

21. majortoby

majortoby

Glad you're so happy! When you think about it, $4200 to be content forever is a bargain compared to what a alot of guys spend chasing toanz... :D