1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My new Aurora strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by facepalmmaster, Oct 24, 2012.

1. facepalmmaster

facepalmmaster

Just got my new pack of Aurora strings in red, and theyre amazing. Ive noticed not a lot of people talk bout them (or maybe i've just missed them) but they're great. They're very bright, they sound great for slap, and they look amazing :D.
  2. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
    While I like to keep my bass string made in NJ (yes Steve and Mark) I also use Auroras. I use the white ones. They really do sing.

For many years Aurora supplied DR with their coated strings. So all good.

I am really thinking about putting gold ones on my Spector Shorty and on my Black 84 Guild Pilot, red on my Gibson 20/20 and when it's fixed, Nitro Orange on my Sparkle Orange Vaccaro X-Ray.
  3. facepalmmaster

facepalmmaster

The red look so great, though i imagine the gold look awesome too!
  4. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike Supporting Member

Are they coated? How long does the color last?
    I tried DR neons but I play with a pick and the coating started to come off after a couple of weeks.
  5. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
    Yes they are coated strings. The coating will come off if you use a pick, like I do too, but I have noticed the aurora coating lasts longer.
  6. facepalmmaster

facepalmmaster

Yeah, only place i see any fading is on my G string, but its barely noticable, and ive had them for about a month and a half
  7. Emibass

Emibass

How´s the tension? And the B string?

Thanks!
  8. bassyogi

bassyogi

The tension, to me atleast, feels softer than the DR Neons they replaced but not by much. The B sounds good and doesn't seem floppy or anything. Just my two pennies though.
  9. facepalmmaster

facepalmmaster

Im no expert, but overall they feel nice to me. I dont play 5 string, but oh well