My new Bacchus is here....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bacchuskid, Dec 1, 2013.

1. bacchuskid

bacchuskid

Hi fellow bassmen

As I posted several months ago, I was a runner-up winner in a contest sponsored by Deviser Japan, the maker of handmade Bacchus guitars and basses http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/i-won-brand-new-bacchus-bass-948261/

Now I received my prize. A Handmade Series 5 string Bacchus Standard Ash model. It has an ash body with white pearl binding and finished in black oil. The maple neck is finished in lacquer satin. The ebony fingerboard has pearl binding and block position markers. Gotoh tuners and Bacchus DB bridge. Pickups are Bacchus HMC ALV-5. The factory installed preamp was Bart XTCT with 500 MHz midcut trimpot and wired as volume/pan/bass/treble. It was also strung with Elixir string.
    Although I have no complains with the Bart preamp, I still replaced it with Sadowsky with VTC. And since I worked on the control cavity, I coated it with copper shielding paint (over the existing carbon paint). I also changed the string with Sadowsky Blue nickel because the Elixir B string was floppy. This Bacchus really shines after installing the Sadowsky preamp. Also the Sadowsky B string is really tight and solid. I am very happy with this Bacchus. She is the latest addition to my Bacchus family of basses.

Here are some shots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Notice that I didn't use the Sadowsky stacked bass/treble pot because it was defective when I received it. When I set it to zero (flat), the volume and treble suddenly increases. Luckily, there are lots of stacked 25k pots here. Is my wiring good enough?
  2. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

Never heard of these instruments. Looks great! Congratulations! :)
  3. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

I'm jealous...
  4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Wowee kazowee. That's really something. Black hardware would be badass, but it's stunning as is.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. phangtonpower

phangtonpower

I love Bucchus basses!

Omedetou!
  7. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Congratulations on your good fortune! That looks like an excellent instrument. It's a shame that you would have to modify a brand new bass but you do excellent work. Thank you for sharing your fun. :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
  8. peterkidd

peterkidd Supporting Member

I am so fussy one could not pull a needle out of my *ss with a tractor, and I find that wiring beautiful.
  9. 30yobass

30yobass

Cool and Free... perfect!, I bet it even plays nice.
  10. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

i was definitely under the impression that whoever wired this loved that that bass :)
  11. Polis

Polis

I have the same. For me is one of the Best.
  12. ricknote

ricknote Supporting Member

I bought a Handmade Bacchus Turbo J5 used a few years back. It's my favorite bass, and I have Lull, Stingray, Zon etc. Chunky 3 piece maple neck, great low B. I'm surprised they don't get more of these to the US.
  13. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Nice! I've got a 2005 Strong (HumBucking version) that I just LOVE!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]