My New Band: Feedback + Critiques Welcome

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by trev5269, Apr 8, 2012.

1. trev5269

trev5269

So recently some old friends / musicians called me up, two of which are berklee trained and the other majored in music at Skidmore. I minored in music in college so we all have a good solid base(hehe) to start from.

We've been a band for about a month and things are starting off great.

We are...

||| Vasudo |||

Vasudo

Vasudo ยป Music is where you can DL our shows.

http://vasudo.com/2012/Music/Shows/2012-03-10/09 Turbulence & The Night Rays.mp3

http://vasudo.com/2012/Music/Shows/2012-03-10/06 Tumble.mp3

couple examples right there, but you can stream/DL all of our music on the website

Also, if you have facebook, plz like our page Vasudo | Facebook

any support is much appreciated!!!!
    Let me know what ya guys think

2. trev5269

trev5269

3. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

Hot Love & The Lazy Poet has a really nice groove. Pretty good stuff!

Peace,
    Greg

4. trev5269

trev5269

thanks man appreciate it!!!

if ya got facebook like our page, any support is much appreciated as we're just starting out..

musically, we've really been working on tension and release, as shown in the tumble jam, and some versions of Factory Fiction as well as other songs on our website

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CrashMiller

CrashMiller

Solid!!! Downloading one of your shows right now, Cant wait to hear your cover of Franklins Tower and 2001.

I hear/see (in the setlist) Phish influences, Boogie on Reggae Woman, Crosseyed and Painless, 2001 are all Phish staples... Would you say you're inspired by Phish or is it just me?

Oh, and always putting up live shows for download = Me as a fan.

7. trev5269

trev5269

Absolutely inspired by Phish, Mike Gordon ( the bass player ) is one of my biggest influences as well as Phil Lesh ( bassist for GDead )...

The shows I would DL if i were you are the March 8th + March 10th, with the 10th having good Soundboard recording quality.

Let me know what ya think!!! Appreciate all feedback/support!

Also, like us on facebook if you want to stay tuned with updates / show more support!

Thanks again!

8. CrashMiller

CrashMiller

March 8th is Great so far!!! Downloading March 10th now.

Here's a challenge... Cover YEMS.

9. trev5269

trev5269

Nice Let me know if ya dig it!

10. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

The band is good but the singing is horribly off key & weak.

Certainly I am not the only one who hears this?

Nothing worse that a good band who is ruined by weak & off key singing. Sorry, just my opinion.

11. trev5269

trev5269

Try Listening to other songs like Pacha Mama and Hot Love...The singing is good you must listen more / to different songs/vocalists.

12. trev5269

trev5269

13. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

There is a lesson to be learned here. As Steve Vai once said, you are only as good as your weakest piece. For some people who can hear things off key, it ruins everything and you do not want to go further- game over. I would seriously remove those recordings and only put out your very best and that starts with the singing- the band is obviously solid.

I can listen to almost any genre of singing, screaming (Locusts), talk singing (Lou Reed), non singers (Les Claypool), but one thing is a given- be in key & know your range.

Just my opinion.

14. CrashMiller

CrashMiller

GWAHHHHHHHH!

Do not do this!!!! Please!!!! I would say for you to put up every single show possible. You are an awesome band, and the not so perfect singing is an important element that I don't think should be removed. It adds a bit of comedy, and a more human feel to the show.

I see you guys fitting into the Jam scene, and even when listening to shows by the greats (The Grateful Dead, Phish,) I've thought "Man, the singing is WAY off," but I'm not turned away by it, I sort of just laugh a long with them and continue listening. But I guess that's just my .02

15. trev5269

trev5269

ya I agree about sharing all live music, that's what it's there for. I'm all about every version of a song being slightly different. It reflects the flow of the Universe, the perfection in imperfection...etc.

The vocals and the band will continue to get better, and the recordings will show that. Hop on board and watch the progression, you won't regret it!

16. trev5269

trev5269

crash what'd you think of the dead covers?!

17. ghostrider

ghostrider

Great material. Really sweet grooves.

18. CrashMiller

CrashMiller

Franklins > TOYLL > Me & My Uncle is pretty awesome. Matt is on-fire the whole time, and you really lay the groove down the whole time. The instrumental section between TOYLL and Me & My Uncle is especially awesome.

One thing I noticed, you may want to add a "Who is Vasudo" Section to the main page of your website, listing all of your names, the instruments you play and your (amazing) credentials (I want to go to Berklee someday :D). Nothing too intricate, but something to let your fans know your names without having to check facebook.

Oh, and if you guys ever cover YEM or Weekapaug, I'll be a fan for life.

19. trev5269

trev5269

appreciate it guys!!! more support / critiques welcome

Also if you like it show us support and like us at...

Vasudo | Facebook

20. trev5269

trev5269

21. twhitedc

twhitedc Supporting Member

This sounds right up my alley! I love me some Gordo and I especially love me some PHIL! can't wait to get home and check out the Groove!