1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My new EP "Subsist"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ben Lesser, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Ben Lesser

Ben Lesser

Hi everyone!

I just released a 5-track EP this morning, titled "Subsist," under the Stars in the Ocean name. I use this for my cinematic/electronic/ambient recordings, and although it doesn't have a bass in it, as such, it does feature a whole lot of low frequencies. I am still a bass player at heart. :)

It's available for streaming and download on Bandcamp, with the option of paying anything if you feel so inclined.

Thanks!

Stars in the Ocean (Bandcamp)

Stars in the Ocean (Facebook)

[​IMG]

2. ACNick

ACNick Guest

Hey Ben, thanks for sharing this. I was listening to this at work earlier today and I got completely lost in the music, in a good way! I ended up listening to it over and over. I really like it, great job.

3. BenBL

BenBL

This pretty cool, helps to control my ADD, thanks

4. Ben Lesser

Ben Lesser

Hey, thank you so much! It means a lot to hear that. It's been quite a few years since I last put myself "out there" as a serious musician, and I've got some really nice feedback so far, from here and other sources. I appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ben Lesser

Ben Lesser

And thank you too! That's interesting that it affects your ADD. I used to write a lot of material that was a bit slower and more ambient which I used solely for the purpose of sleeping/calming down. Interesting. :)

7. ChloroPhil315

ChloroPhil315

8. BenBL

BenBL

I just wrote a 13 page research paper on the subject of music and concentration,I ended up using ambient music along with epic movie soundtracks to keep me on task

9. Ben Lesser

Ben Lesser

I'll give this a single bump just in case anyone else might be interested who hasn't already heard it.

Thanks! :)