1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My new pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ad9000, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

I recently downsized to this board (Pedaltrain-1) to make it easier to fit on smaller stages - it has minimized complaints from other musicians about taking up too much space (as well as the number of inebriated singers tripping over my previous board, which was an SKB PS-45).

There is a Pedal Power 2 attached to the underside of the board, and also a One Spot. The pre-fitted receptacle for the Pedal Power is genius. The POG requires an AC adapter, which along with the One Spot is plugged into a small strip, also attached to the bottom. The true bypass strip (from Road Rage in Canada) makes all the difference as far as preserving signal quality.

[​IMG]

2. jimmybc91

jimmybc91

Nice set-up man!

Your POG should be able to run off of 5 or 6 on the Pedal Power 2 though..=]

3. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster

Yep. That's how my Pog 2 runs.

4. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Nice board. But what's the blue center pedal between the DoD and the aguilar? Can't make it out

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

DOD Deep Freeze Chorus

7. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Thanks, I will try that!

Re. the DOD Deep Freeze, it is a nice, subtle chorus. It's a bit on the lo-fi side, but it works for me.
    The DOD Envelope Filter has a purpose apart from the envelope effect (although I use it that way too) - when it's set so the envelope doesn't open, it produces a massive, dub-like low end boost.

8. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Love me some dod pedals. I'll have to check that one out

9. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    Very nice man...It looks great!

One thing I would have done differently (but it's just me), is I would have put the MXR Preamp on the outside edge and configured it in the chain so if I needed to use the XLR I would have access to it...

10. Basshappi

Basshappi

Good selection of pedals on a nice, neat board layout.
    Well done sir!

11. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

I thought about that - since the pedals are on individual loops into the true bypass strip, the MXR pedal would only send a DI signal when its loop is active. Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea for emergency situations when I need a DI. I'll consider moving it, and I appreciate the suggestion.

12. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Love it I love a nice organized board looks like you have everything covered.