1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

My new pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ad9000, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Laguna Beach, CA
    I recently downsized to this board (Pedaltrain-1) to make it easier to fit on smaller stages - it has minimized complaints from other musicians about taking up too much space (as well as the number of inebriated singers tripping over my previous board, which was an SKB PS-45).

There is a Pedal Power 2 attached to the underside of the board, and also a One Spot. The pre-fitted receptacle for the Pedal Power is genius. The POG requires an AC adapter, which along with the One Spot is plugged into a small strip, also attached to the bottom. The true bypass strip (from Road Rage in Canada) makes all the difference as far as preserving signal quality.

[​IMG]

2. jimmybc91

jimmybc91

Oct 8, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Nice set-up man!

Your POG should be able to run off of 5 or 6 on the Pedal Power 2 though..=]

3. Yep. That's how my Pog 2 runs.

4. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Apr 10, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Nice board. But what's the blue center pedal between the DoD and the aguilar? Can't make it out

5. Sponsored by:

6. DOD Deep Freeze Chorus

7. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Thanks, I will try that!

Re. the DOD Deep Freeze, it is a nice, subtle chorus. It's a bit on the lo-fi side, but it works for me.
    The DOD Envelope Filter has a purpose apart from the envelope effect (although I use it that way too) - when it's set so the envelope doesn't open, it produces a massive, dub-like low end boost.

8. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Apr 10, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Love me some dod pedals. I'll have to check that one out

9. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    Very nice man...It looks great!

One thing I would have done differently (but it's just me), is I would have put the MXR Preamp on the outside edge and configured it in the chain so if I needed to use the XLR I would have access to it...

10. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Good selection of pedals on a nice, neat board layout.
    Well done sir!

11. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Laguna Beach, CA
    I thought about that - since the pedals are on individual loops into the true bypass strip, the MXR pedal would only send a DI signal when its loop is active. Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea for emergency situations when I need a DI. I'll consider moving it, and I appreciate the suggestion.

12. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Love it I love a nice organized board looks like you have everything covered.