My new Pedulla Rapture 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stefandisgust, Dec 25, 2012.

1. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

Disclosures:
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    Just wanted to share my new bass with you all. I found it in a guitar center of all places and paid a very fair price. I surprised at how much they were asking for an instrument that had been BARELY played. Not a scratch! Nice Pedulla case included.

I also bought it in Massachusetts (where they are made)

Anyone have any info on these or opinions?

I will be using it on a recording session very soon and will post clips! I love it so far.

-Stefan

Attached Files:

2. Mushroo

Mushroo

Pedulla is made in Massachusetts, congrats on supporting a fine local business!
    (Satisfied Pedulla owner since 1991)
  3. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

Disclosures:
    Yes, I was considering taking it to him and having him set it up and maybe look it over. Should be cool to ask the people who put the thing together.
  4. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

i remember when GC stocked them about 10 years ago. they had a rapture pj5 with a maple board,blueburst and pearloid PG. really nice 5'er with a tight and full sounding low-b. great score btw.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wyattsgroove

Wyattsgroove

I bought a brand new thunder bass ET5 in the early '90s and its sorely missed. I had injured myself at work a few years after I had it, and took the opportunity to drive up to the shop from CT. Mike and company were the best. They treated me with open arms set up my bass and gave me a bunch of swag. I remember when the raptures came out. Great instruments. Congrats.
  7. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

Disclosures:
    Do we know any solid Pedulla players/artists? I'd love to hear one on track!
  8. stretchcat

stretchcat

David Buda plays the Rapture 5 on a lot of stuff.

Also, check out Mark Egan, Doug Johns, and Joseph Patrick Moore for Pedulla MV4 or MV5 recordings.
  9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congrats on your new bass. Looks nice & probably sound nice too.
  10. Session1969

Session1969 Gold Supporting Member

Great bass ! You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer axe. I don't care what brand is brought up.
  11. Lackey

Lackey

To me, Pedulla has pretty much the ultimate fingerstyle tone. Beautiful playability as well. Someday I'll be able to justify a Rapture or Thunderbolt 5er... What makes it hard though is I remember when GC was blowing them out some years ago for 1200 bucks BRAND NEW... So its hard for me to think about paying more than that used. Stupid I know but it niggles me.
  12. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

$1200 for a Rapture J5 is a pretty good price on a really nice bass, bummer I missed that one.
  13. murphy

murphy

Long and Mcquade was selling them off for $1000 to 1200 when they dropped the line.....
    Now...what $4000 plus??????????
    Youtube has some good clips
    BassPlayer magazine rated it the best 5ver jazz bass sound in a shootout
  14. bodmin

bodmin

Very nice! Good find, enjoy.
  15. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

I think Chris from Muse has one, couldn't tell you what tracks it was used on specifically though.
  16. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

Disclosures:
    Very cool. I've heard about the Muse guy. I should really check out that band. I will admit... David Buda's bass was the first one I played. I have him as a teacher at school. I liked it a lot! Then, I got my own. hehe

Thanks guys
  17. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

If played a 5er, this is the one I would play. The best ergonomics and sound of any 5-string bass I've ever fooled around with. I've also read about and absolutely love the company's philosophy -- extreme attention to quality. Congratulations on an excellent purchase.
  18. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Almost bought a Rapture 5 from a buddy years ago, i loved the sound and playability but it was blue and i did not like the color, i ended up buying another Bass to this day i can recall the quality construction and that tight ass low B! your gonna love it, Enjoy!