My Orange cab options

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MacPark, Apr 9, 2014.

1. MacPark

MacPark

Hey guys, I am trying figure out what combination of orange head and cab to go with.

I am pretty sold on the Terror bass 1000 head.

My main question is do you think it would pair better with either a Orange OBC115 or an Orange obc410

I play a stoner style rock and classic rock styles. I love low end bass that thumps with a little bit of fuzz effects.
    I play a Fender Pbass in pretty regular tunnings and a Epiphone Thunderbird that is played tuned down low.

I know people are going to say just go try them. But I am just interested in opinions so I know what to be looking out for when I do go and demo this stuff.

Cheers guys
  2. Major Softie

Major Softie

You only have one option with those cabs: ugly and loud. Either cab will fulfill this equation.

As you already confessed, you already know that only you can make this decision by listening. No one else's opinion really matters at all. I can tell you that the 410 can handle more power and moves more air (more important), so it will be louder. Also, the 410 has a horn, while the 115 does not. This is very important . . . IF it is important to you . . . so, once again, only you can answer that question.
  3. Feral Feline

Feral Feline Supporting Member

Two Isobaric 4X10s (They look like 2x10s) stacked vertically. Beautiful and loud.
  4. MacPark

MacPark

I was looking at the SP410 option, I would only be able to afford one with a head at this stage. Are they still being made as I cant find them on oranges website. From what I have read they seem to be made for the terror base heads?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Feral Feline

You'd have to find NOS in the shops or used in the classifieds. Orange is only continuing the Iso 12 in a combo, IIRC.

One cab should match nicely with either head, but like you I'd like to get the 1000watter (one cab can take the 1000, two cabs would be DOOM!)

Premier Guitar Review of SP410

And if you get 'em, re-orient the logo so it's upright with the vertical stacking. ;)
  7. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:

Why pay for 410's that only have the output of a 210?

To the OP:

You can get a lot more bang for your buck[SUP]*[/SUP] (and a much better cab to boot) if you buy a cab that isnt made by orange.

TB has a vibrant Stoner/Doom community. Currently the longest running TB thread with about 90,000 posts. I suggest you ask your question over there.

* - I would personally pair that amp with a greenboy Dually. It will be lighter than the orange 410, louder than their 810, and cost less too.
  8. MacPark

MacPark

Thanks man, ill check that out
  9. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

OBC410 and OBC115 owner here. I kind of prefer the tone of the 115, but the 410 obviously pushes more air. It kind of depends on how loud your band is and your tonal goals. A single 15 might not be enough speaker for you, but a pair of them would slay. The 410 pushes more air, but doesn't quite have the same punch as the 15.
  10. Feral Feline

You are correct, of course, but all is fair in love and war and I illogically love those stupid SP410s, Godot help me find my shoes, and if I had the scratch I'd buy 'em. Mine idea was just a suggestion, and there are indeed other better suggestions.
    Love is blind *sigh*