my pedal broke

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pappasgrind, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind Supporting Member

dude the 12v dc power input on my pedal broke and needs to be replaced. is this something i can do myself, if so where can i get the part and if not does anyone know of a place i can get it repaired? i live in peabody mass
  2. KablesP

KablesP

What pedal? Its probably something you can do if you know how to solder. Take the pedal apart and see where the power input is soldered and take it off and add another one. Im not sure if a store will have them (Radio Shack?) but theyre online for a few bucks if that. Don't pay someone, save lots of money by doing it yourself. There are lots of videos on youtube on how to solder and repair/build effects.
  3. Pappasgrind

its a zoom b9.1ut i had it for about a month then i moved it the wrong way and the plug bent the input. for about a day if i held the power chord at an angle it would power up, but not any more. i took it apart and the input was soldered to the board and it had 4 prongs coming out the other side of the board. i shouldve taken a picture of it before i put it back together. is there a specific name for the part or could i say a dc 12v input?
  4. KablesP

KablesP

I would email zoom or check out the manual. Make sure you get the right one that looks exactly the same. Did it seem difficult to unsolder and resolder a new one?
  5. Pappasgrind

no it was pretty standard looking solder im sure i could do it im kindda boss like that. i thought about asking zoom too guess thats the next step
  6. Pappasgrind

Zoom basically said they don't make my pedal any more send it to them and give them $100+ shipping and they'll send me the b3 I say boo that I'll take my chance fixing it first this is the piece I need can any one tell me what it's called and where can I get one ImageUploadedByTalkBass1394152137.084645.jpg
  7. Pappasgrind

This is the actual piece ImageUploadedByTalkBass1394152789.030303.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1394152824.297004.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1394152850.231858.jpg
  8. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

9. Pappasgrind

You are the man that's it!!!