It's been a while since I've modded a turd bass into a low-end lady killer. I purchased this crappy Squier last year for $40 on Craigslist. It has this horrible paint job, and it was in sad shape. Intitally, I set it up, swapped out the pickups with a set of Quarterpounders I had laying around, and it worked nicely as a beater bass, which stayed at my practice space. After finishing my LoBue build, it's time to get this puppy hooked up with new paint, a J pup in the bridge, and some better hardware. COLOR: Surf Green I'm thinking this is where I'm going for. PICKUPS: SD Quarterpounders I really wanted to use DiMarzios, but I have these on hand. ELECTRONICS: I like the switch aspect. I know a lot of you like balance knobs. I'm just lazy, and want a bit more rock and roll look. I'm still not sure if I will do it this way, or just drill and install the input jack on the side of the bass. First, I had to disassemble and lay down the initail coat of stripper. After coat of stripper #3 After a couple days, I had enough off to fell comfortable that I could press forward with modding. I pitched the garbage bridge, and added a Fender vintage threaded saddle type. Once again, another part I had on hand. Next, I had an old bridge cover I decided to add. The bass didn't have a J pickup, but being that I already had the pickup and template; might as well. Stay tuned for the rout, cavity cleanup, and tuner re-fit, soon!