1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My Zon Legacy elite 5 in action!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by El Bobo, Nov 22, 2013.

1. El Bobo

El Bobo Supporting Member

I haven't posted in a while but thought a few people might enjoy this. It is actually my old band who reunited to do a benefit show for a friend this December. We figured to help promote the show we would do a couple of live in Studio recordings of some old, unrecorded material. Hope you enjoy! It's good to use the legacy 5 again after a long break (mostly using my Legacy 8):bassist:

recommend HD.

2. Damian Coccio

Damian Coccio Supporting Member

Cool, I enjoyed it.
  3. El Bobo

4. winegamd

winegamd

What was your recording setup, and your bass' s specs? I really liked your sound and how it fit in the mix. I have a Legacy Elite 6 string, and am just curious.
  5. tedesco23

tedesco23

Great stuff!
  6. El Bobo

As best as I can remember the bass (stock legacy elite 5, ZP-2DM etc DR Sunbeam strings) went through my Chandler little devil boost pedal straight into a DI ( don't recall sadly which one but something very neutral). I know we used a touch of sansamp, Urei 1176 compressor, tube tech eq and a tiny touch of AMS reverb. all of this through an SSL board. Kinda fun all outboard gear and no plugins which is my style if I can swing it. I don't know if that is helpful at all haha. I like recording direct with my Zon's as it seems to lend better results than my Ampeg SVT-VR.:bassist:

7. El Bobo

Thank you!

Also here is the video in much better quality on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/80040479

8. AndroWal

AndroWal Supporting Member

A Great Piece!
  9. El Bobo

Thank you so much for watching it! I love doing live recordings, imperfections and all.

10. Chazinroch

Chazinroch Supporting Member

Really cool!!!
  11. El Bobo

Thanks so much! Its funny to record and film a song you did 11 years ago as a 20 year old. Very nostalgic for all of us.

12. tsar nicholas

tsar nicholas

Great sound and playing! You should post this in the Zon Club thread.
  13. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Checked out your Youtube link and just wanted to say it was AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME, great sounding Zon, great playing.
  14. El Bobo

Awesome! Thanks for checking it out.:bassist:

Chris

15. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K.

Love it, excellent playing and the music is fantastic!
  16. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

this song is harmonic-tastic

i give it two (2) thumbs up
  17. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Someone turned me onto your music about a month ago on Vimo or some file/video sharing host. I love it and your tone is insane. Where can I get more? What is the name of your band and can I buy / download it? Absolutely kick ass music and bass...:bassist:
  18. Space Pickle

Space Pickle

Dude, the band is called 'Omni'. It's plastered all over the video in giant animated letters. :p
  19. RodBR

RodBR

Waw man!
    Awesome!
  20. mwbassace

mwbassace

Just listened to this song for the 2nd time in as many days, and this tune kicks butt! The guitars mesh really well together as does the drums & bass (killer bass tone!:bassist:). The recording as a whole is very cool, even the lights! I'll be checking out more from you guys.:)