Mysterious sticker over Tacoma bass serial #

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OldSchool50, Feb 10, 2014.

1. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

2. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Not sure this is the same with your Tacoma, but I remember Epiphone and Ibanez covering the original serial number with a white rectangular sticker having a new serial to show it was a B stock, refurbished or factory second. Tried to find a pic or two but came up empty handed.
  3. OldSchool50

Thanks, that would make sense and let's see if anyone else can add to this use of a sticker. Did the sticker serials follow similar pattern to the originals. THese pretty different
    I'd be hard-pressed to find find defects. It seems near perfect, but I'm no expert.
  4. OldSchool50

NO other ideas or theories??
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. OldSchool50

I found this link which describes exactly the situation with the bass I described.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Guitar-Won-is-Stamped-USED-Serial-Number-Removed-/10000000010711745/g.html

It's from an ebay post called "Guitar Won is Stamped USED ? & Serial Number Removed ??"

It describes exactly the situation with this Tacoma. It's about the Musical Instrument Reclamation Corporation of Franklin Tennessee, ( MIRCWEB dot com), that buys instruments and checks, repairs and reconditions instruments.

Worth Reading, especially for anyone who buys on Ebay. SOme sellers may not always disclose this.

Very interesting stuff.
  7. OldSchool50

I found this link which describes exactly the situation with the bass I described.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Guitar-Won-is-Stamped-USED-Serial-Number-Removed-/10000000010711745/g.html

It's from an ebay post called "Guitar Won is Stamped USED ? & Serial Number Removed ??"

It describes exactly the situation with this Tacoma. It's about the Musical Instrument Reclamation Corporation of Franklin Tennessee, ( MIRCWEB dot com), that buys instruments and checks, repairs and reconditions instruments.

Worth Reading, especially for anyone who buys on Ebay. SOme sellers may not always disclose this.

Very interesting stuff.
  8. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Something stamped "used" is from a referb and factory second shop. Like MIRC in Franklin TN. I've actually bought and resold some things from them. They generally are not open to the public. I knew a guy that worked there and was able to walk through and pick out pieces. They have a really nice repair shop, spray booth etc. I've seen guitars heavily damaged come out looking new.

Depending on the piece, they do use stickers also.

There's more than one company doing this. MIRC is the one I know of. Here's their link. http://www.mircweb.com/
  9. OldSchool50

YOu really have to look closely for the used stamp in some cases. I was almost invisible on the back of the natural wood headstock on this Tacoma. IF it's not disclosed by an ebay seller, there's not much recourse is there one it arrives (Except I guess a bad rating if it wasn't disclosed).