1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mystery Active P/J $120.00 plus shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Stinsok, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

I don't know if this was a parts bass or a modded factory bass. There is no indication of manufacturer. I took this in, cleaned it up, set it up and removed Fender Precision waterslide decals (oh yeah!) and swapped the Fender neck plate for a generic unit. There are a lot of details so hang on!

Body-unknown wood. There is scratching but no bad dings or chips. Wilkinson pickups with an unknown preamp. The controls are kind of a mystery. It seems they are volume, blend, mid?, and bass/treble (that's what what I think they are !) The "blend" will cut everthing off when turned completely counter clockwise. I still don't understand the layout. It's crazy hot and sounds pretty good. It's much more tame in passive mode without a huge drop in volume.

I think the electronics were a mod. There is no battery box but a very tight route with a simple screwed on cover. String through body or top load the bridge. It has the strings that came on it. They are ok, a couple not cut really long enough for stringing through body.

Neck-maker unknown. Jazz width. Capstan trussrod adjustment (trussrod works.) Wilkinson tuners. They look similar to Hipshots but not as good. They do the job.

It's setup to Fender specs. Plays pretty good, the action is low (with little relief) and no buzzes. I'd keep it but I bought some stuff and have to find a way to pay for it! $100.00 plus shipping. It will ship in a double triangle box and packed well. Shipping shouldn't be that much.
  2. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

More pics.
  3. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Last two.
  4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That headstock is dope!
  5. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Might have been one of those 'cut it yourself' paddle necks. Interesting piece worth at least that much for project parts. Selling only or considering trades?
  6. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

The headstock shape looks like it was done by machine. I know it's not a Mighty Mite, I have one lying around and compared the two. It has a light clear coat on the back, the fretboard is more satin. I may consider a trade but I do need some cash.
  7. Illini10

Illini10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

How much does it weigh?
  8. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

About 10lbs. Through Saturday I'll sell it for 100.00 plus shipping. Then, it's off to fleabay.
  9. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Bump and a peek under the pickguard before I go.
  10. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

I made a small mod this weekend, just for grins. I added a Hipshot String Retainer. Still $100.00 plus shipping. May consider trades!
  11. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

12. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

13. Stinsok

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0