1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

N.A.D. Hartke content

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AdamR, Oct 30, 2013.

1. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    The quest for "that tone" continues. Today I picked this bad boy up, Hartke Kilo from another member. Sounds amazing so far. I really like the on board compressor and the overdrive sounds very usable.

Attached Files:

2. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Yo Adam, let me know what you think. I'm gassing for a Kilo bad!
  3. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Will do. I wanted to try something outside of the GK tone for a change. Im not getting rid of my 800RB though!
  4. shoot-r

shoot-r

+1!!!

I'm keepin' my G.K. MB2-500.

But, recently I tried out a Hartke LH500 to replace my burnt-out Amp*g PF-500.......

WOW!!!!!!! :eek:

I can't believe there's not more players checking out the newer Hartke heads.
  5. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Got to give it a work out at practice last night. Using just one of the 500 watt amps at 4ohms so it wasnt putting out any were near full power, (500 watts at 2ohms or 1000 st 4ohms bridged)

Great tone, gets nice and gritty.
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Congrads on your purchase, AdamR. I too own a hartke bass head. I own a hartke lh500 and I think it's a pretty cool bass amp. it sounded great with my gk neo 4x10 bass cab. I have taken a shine to this amp for it's warm beefy sounds. it also sounded pretty cool with my effects. I also own a fender rumble 150 bass combo amp and I think that combo amp sounded pretty cool too.
  7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Same here. I've been a gk player for many years and I wanted to try something different for once. so I've purchased a hartke lh500 to go with my gk neo 4x10. I bought the hartke lh500 because I wanted to try it out and I can honestly say I do like what I hear. since I bought this bass head, I've taken a real shine to hybrid bass heads. it combines the warm lows of tubes with the clarity of solid-states. even though I still like solid-state amps and I still like gk amps, I've taken a real shine to the hartke lh500. I've been thinking about purchasing a gk mb500 fusion as a back-up.
  8. bassinflorida

bassinflorida Gold Supporting Member

Bought new one about 6 months ago. I have done 6 4 hr gigs thru bridged mode through Ampeg 8x10. Gets a little warm but at that much load it is to be expected. It does crank. Mostly clean tunes.
    bassinflorida:bassist:
  9. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I cant run mine in bridged. Theres something wrong with the left amp channel so it cuts out. I need to have that repaired. Ive switched from the Ampeg 810 to a Hydrive 810. Very tight and punchy
  10. Flatbass

Flatbass

How do the Hydrive 810 and the Ampeg 8x10 compare? Why'd you make the switch?
  11. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    My Ampeg was OSB, it weighed a ton and the bottom around the wheels was starting to swell. The Hartke is a bit smaller in size and has to be a good 30lbs lighter then the Ampeg.

Tone wise the Hartke is brighter and tighter and very clear sounding. The Ampeg was darker and grittier.

The one thing I dont like about the Hydrive is the tolex. After 1 gig it already has a number of tears in it and it was covered during transport with a padded DF2 cover