1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

N.B.D..... or O.B.D ????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TMBTC, Feb 1, 2013.

1. TMBTC

TMBTC Supporting Member

Hey Kids!!!
    Lookie what I just got! It's a 1985 Squier Katana. Sounds and plays great. Got it from fellow TB'r spleenface92 a real nice kid.

[​IMG]
  2. lfbassguy

lfbassguy

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland
    Love it!!!
  3. TMBTC

TMBTC Supporting Member

I wish I had long hair so I could spin it while I play it!
  4. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Wicked and congratulations! I remember seeing this item in the CL classifieds.

My wife got me one this past Christmas. This funky little "V"-shaped P-Bass rocks, doesn't it? The finish on yours looks very good. Mine was refinished but they didn't do a very good job. I think they also changed my bridge. But I still enjoy playing it. It was kind of a challenge to balance, but I finally learned the correct strap position.

I've never seen those fretmarkers before. I'm guessing they added by the previous owner.

When people say Fender never takes chances on new designs, one should remind them of this Katana and the related Performer.

[​IMG]
  5. MTMTEX

MTMTEX Supporting Member

Hey nice bass. I have his slightly darker brother!

[​IMG]
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Awesome, never heard of these before now.

Very cool NBD
  7. TMBTC

TMBTC Supporting Member

Fret markers are inlays.. As for finish... looks whiter in pics, have that nice faded yellow look up close.
  8. sevdog

sevdog

Dang! I thought that said ODB not OBD...

Attached Files:

• odb.jpg
      odb.jpg
      File size:
      12 KB
      Views:
  9. Spleenface92

Spleenface92

What, like I do?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm glad the bass went to a good home...also, Carl, you should post the ingenious mod I made to the case to get it to fit.