1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

N.E.S. Amp Head?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bobby Dogma, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Bobby Dogma

Bobby Dogma

I was watching a video of Anamanaguchi performing Airbrushed live and I noticed the most epic amp head I have ever seen in my entire life. I want to know if such a thing would be possible to get my hands on, or to be able to make. Let me know what you think.:cool:

Airbrushed (Live, Acoustic) - Anamanaguchi:
  2. jungleheat

jungleheat

That's not a head. It's an NES that they're using to get their synth sounds. You can see a small screen and a controller they are using with it, and they are running it through that ampeg combo (the guy is playing an acoustic bass unplugged).

But you could certainly modify a modern SS bass head and fit it into an NES case. You'd have to put sufficient venting in it though to keep it cool.
  3. St Drogo

St Drogo

Even though using an actual nes to make music is spinemeltingly bawesome, putting an amp in a nes casing sounds like a really neat idea! I'm makin a mental note right now to try that! Should be no problem at all with a micro. Hell, maybe you could get a controller to adjust the amp controls!

Omg, thanks for the best brainfart this month! Now to buy a broken snes somewhere (because those are like nes'es, only, like, super, man) :D
  4. Bobby Dogma

Bobby Dogma

Any recommendations on an amp small enough to put inside an NES?