NAD: Acoustic B200H

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AllenLee, Jan 6, 2013.

1. AllenLee

AllenLee

Yep. I just bought a used Acoustic B200H from Guitar Center. It's not very powerful wattage wise, but I tested it with every bass cabinet they had in store (seriously) and liked what I heard. At the price point, I couldn't stop myself.

Up until this point, I have used an older Fender Rumble 100 (15") combo for everything.. from practice to gigging. It has been reliable and sounds great, but I am wanting to expand and upgrade to head/cab combinations. Plus, I like the idea of having a backup.

With the used price of the head, and Musician's Friend's sale on the matching B410 cab, I have quickly and affordably managed to obtain my first half stack! :hyper:

Unfortunately, the B410 is backordered..... :meh:

Here's a quick picture for those interested.

IMG_20130106_030917.jpg

Btw, this is my first post.
  2. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

I have the B200H as well and love it, but your right your not going to light up a stadium with it but I like the rich tones I get from that paired with my B115 Cab, I'm actually looking for another B115 but there kind of hard to find in real good condition, thinking about getting the B115mkII instead.. any particular reason for getting the B410 ?
  3. AllenLee

AllenLee

The reason for buying the Acoustic B410 over other 4x10 cabinets was price.

I haven't played through or heard either an Acoustic B410 or a B115, but I have demo'd several other brands' similar cabs and found I generally prefer the 4x10 over a 1x15. I will tell you I played with the b200h hooked up to a B115 mkII and it was really nice!
  4. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

OH, Ok, cool.. I think I'm going for the B115mkII because I can also pair it with my New Peavey Tour Combo because the mkII is 450 watt were as the B115 is only 200 watt..
    so it allow me to use it for either one safely..
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AllenLee

AllenLee

That's nice. I'm still learning about heads/cabs ohms/watts/RMS/speaker excursion etc.. I wished my Rumble combo had speaker outputs, but now I doubt the amplifier could power more than the 15" speaker it's pushing now.

I realize that since the B410 is an 8 ohm cab, the B200H will only be using ~120w with it alone, which is kinda lame. It is a start though!

I really can't wait to get the cab and use it in a live band/gig situation.
  7. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

I also have a Fender Rumble 100 and I used mine all the time to power another passive wedge or even tie into the mixer and run a little volume through the P/A or an active speaker so I can really be heard by everyone.. and with the separate volume control on the front panel it makes it nice to have that control, not just all or nothing..
  8. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

Thats a great head. It was my first as well. Its true its not the loudest amp out there but it has a great EQ section on it for getting a good sound. Good Job
  9. AllenLee

AllenLee

How exactly do you do that? Using the Line Out? I have always thought you couldn't do that.

Thanks. I tried out it's big cousin the B600 and that thing is awesome.
  10. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

@AllenLee** I ran an XLR from the front of my Rumble 100 Combo ( Line Out Jack) #10.. to a Chanel on the P/A mixer, turned it up there and controlled it at the amp with the separate volume knob.. ( Line out Jack Volume Control Knob) #11 Look in the book if you still have it..