1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD: Ampeg B100R

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Dec 14, 2012.

1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Just sharing my score from today. I was looking for a small combo for bedroom practicing and I didn't want to spend a whole lot.

Found this on Guitar Center's used site and turned out it was at my local GC.

$189.99 for this. Made in USA. No rips in the tolex, and still had the clear plastic protective film on the control panel.

I'm loving this little thing!

[​IMG]

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...6-8697-E56F4BB16591-6933-000006C1D1BBD8B3.jpg
  2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Wow, great price on that, there are fewer and fewer in such nice condition...
  3. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

I gigged with mine for several years. Great sounding amp. I traded mine off when I got a Mesa/Boogie Walkabout.

I set mine on a tilt-back stand so the drummer and I could hear it, and ran the DI out into the PA (we had robust subs, so no problems). Excellent price on yours, too.
  4. thisSNsucks

Thanks guys. Goes great with a vintage P-Bass and flats!

[​IMG]
  5. crlujan

crlujan

I love mine. Best little combo I've ever owned. Mine still has the plastic on the control plate as well. Precision bass with flats and that amp is where it's at.
  6. RC52

RC52

This is an awesome amp!!!!!

It's the closest I will ever get to a 60's B15!

Fat , smoothe tube sound , with my '68 P bass !
  7. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

I have one of these too. An awesome small amp. Great sound and vibe.
  8. bassman64

bassman64

Dude, nice score.

was that the one in the Larchmont store?

I was in there a week or so ago and urged my friend to buy that amp but he didnt. I already have a USA B100R I bought brand new 11 years ago.

I told him next time he went it there it would be gone...LOL

how is it ?
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Awesome price! That's a great little amp. Still a little sad it got discontinued, but I guess more people bought the BA115.
  10. thisSNsucks

Thanks man, yup it was the one in Larchmont.

Its a nice little amp. I have to say I dug it in the shop but wasn't floored by it (it had to compete with few kids wanking on guitars behind me and its a big room) but when I brought it home and played it it was like a whole new amp.

I really like this thing.
  11. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

I plugged a Classic '50s P with a Quarter Pound and TI Jazz Flats into mine. It brought tears to the dancers' eyes.:bassist:
  12. ToadWarrior

ToadWarrior

Nice, I paid more than that for the 50 watt version, but I don't regret it, awesome little amp, great vintage sounds and takes fuzz and other effect pedals like a champ.
    The perfect practice amp IMO.
  13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

For $189, even though I already have one, I would have bought it on the spot. That's a great deal on a great amp.
  14. thisSNsucks

Yeah it's a shame they dont make them anymore, they definitely have a really cool vibe to them.

This is the first amp in a long time that I plugged into and didn't really have to tweak any EQ. It sounds warm and fat with everything set to noon, gotta love that!

haha yeah its great with a P, but it equally loves my Jazz, Rick, StingRay and Thunderbird.

Now just to try it with some of my more modern basses.
  15. bassman64

bassman64

cool

yeah, its a great little amp. I will never get rid of mine.

I just got a new GK MB 112 so I put the B100R in my kids room and he uses it with an old Roland Synthesizer. when he leaves , the amp stays...lol

good luck with it
  16. bassman64

bassman64

I have a Ric, a Gibson Explorer (with Tbird P/u's) and a Steinberger. all sound great through the B100R.

want to really take that amp to another tone level....get yourself a Mark Bass Super booster. the two filters are imo what make Mark Bass amps worth a damn....Plug that thing in to the Ampeg and :bassist:
  17. P Town

P Town Guest

I bought one of these used for not a lot, (don't remember). USA made. Sounds good.
  18. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

i've got one of the older models as well. Great amp but i haven't been playing it much since I brough my stage rig home for a while.

I found you can run a clean boost in front of it and get much higher (clean) volume out of it.
  19. MegaSwing

MegaSwing The Artist Formerly Known As Edward G. Gold Supporting Member

Ridiculous buy. Congrats!
  20. stiles72

stiles72

$189. USA, and with the protective plastic on the chrome? Excellent score! I love my B100R - probably my best sounding Ampeg next to my '63 B15