1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NAD - Ampeg content.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by carcass, Jul 14, 2013.

1. carcass

carcass

Without long and boring prologues, I found used Ampeg BA500 turned into "head" and "cab", I tried it today and became a happy owner of this heavy sounding (and also heavy in terms of weight) amp. I havent played with it much yet, but I am looking forward to it. Onto the pics:

14072013165.jpg

14072013169.jpg

The amp has been taken out and put into custom made rack case, to is is now quite portable and I dont have to take the whole thing to gigs. Right now, I am really excited to play the **** out of this thing, because I really like the sound /,,/

2. rickwebb

rickwebb

Good Score- I used to have a BA500 myself. But I found it a bit bulky and awkward for a combo. Congratulations!

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    That's pretty wild. Have fun with it!

4. carcass

carcass

I have one question ... I read somewhere that this combo is essentially Ampeg SVT 450h (or SVT 350h) in 210 combo version, is that true? and while asking, is there any dramatic sound difference between these two heads?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Not particularly. Maybe a little but it's not significant IMHO.

7. carcass

carcass

thank you very much :) and what about BA500 vs SVT 350h/450h? is there any significant difference soundwise? F.E. if I plug my "rack head" into same cab that SVT head would be plugged, will there be difference concerning the sound?

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Well the separate heads will sound different in different cabs, sure, but Ampeg, while they don't voice all their cabs identically, they do have some similarities. And you can dial up pretty similar sounds with their heads as well. I've never compared the BA500 to any of the other stuff since it wasn't around that long, but you should be able to find a good sound with any of it IMHO.