1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD: Ampeg Heritage SVT-CL

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Eskimo Spy, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Eskimo Spy

Eskimo Spy Supporting Member

I'm waiting for my new head to arrive, my new Aguilar DB 410 is just sitting here, waiting for it. Will have a full report once it gets here, come on FedEx, hurry up!
  2. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Glad to see you pulled the trigger!!! I think you will be quite happy!!

Congrats!!
  3. kosmicwizard

kosmicwizard

Buster,

I just pulled the trigger on a SVT II (Non-pro) how happy do you think I will be with this amp in comparison to say SVT-HD or actual SVT's from the 60's, 70's, and 80's? And how do these amps stack up to the brand new heritage amps? Cheers.
  4. Eskimo Spy

Okay, it finally arrived. Of course, I can't play it yet, gotta let it warm up. But in the interim, here are some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. metalinthenight

metalinthenight Supporting Member

:drool:

lookin sweet man!
  6. MN_Bass

MN_Bass

Very Nice, let us know how it sounds with that Aggie.
  7. big stubby

big stubby

8. stiles72

stiles72

That grill cloth looks really cool!
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    prettiest grillcloth i ever saw!
  10. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Congratulations!!

Thanks for posting the pics.

I'd be interested in knowing the make and model number of the fan if you still have it open.
  11. Eskimo Spy

I can open it back up and look at the make and model, not a big deal. I'll post that later.

I have to leave to go somewhere shortly, but I played it for about 30 minutes, and it is fantastic. Even with just basic EQ settings, the thing sound great.

I'll upload a couple of sound files when I get back, which I recorded quickly. They were recorded with a Zoom H4. I'm playing a US Lakland Glaub with TI jazzflats, bass tone set middle, Aguilar DB 410 cab with the tweeter halfway, and the head set at the jazz settings in the manual. The first clip is finger, the second is pick.
  12. Eskimo Spy

Here are the sound clips...

Attached Files:

• BJL.mp3
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • FF.mp3
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  13. woolysock

woolysock

Finger-style sounds nice and clean but with a hint of dirt. Lovely.
  14. CrUiSeR

CrUiSeR

Yep; but it doesn't match the ampeg grillcloth:D
  15. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

You know, the bottom line with ANY rig is how well YOU like it. I mean, back in the day when I played a Baldwin Exterminator you couldn't touch me with a ten foot pole!! :D

I would suspect that you will quite happy with the SVT II. It's a great amp!!

Best of Luck to you!!!
  16. Classickbass

Classickbass

I don't know which is better, the tone or the grill cloth. Enjoy!
  17. Eskimo Spy

I have been messing about with it since I got back home, and dialed back the gain. Man, what a sweet "clean" tone. It just drips out of the cab.

Now, as some of you know, I returned a regular SVT-CL due to a minor QC issue and decided to pull the trigger on the Heritage. So, I had the opportunity to A/B these heads, and here are my thoughts so far...

Man, did I make the right decision. (Thanks again to Buster and Jimmy). Some issues I had with the regular SVT that are gone with this head:

-Noise. There is none. The voice that comes through is my bass. Nothing else. Perfect.

-Build quality. Holy crap is it noticeable. It's more evident than I thought.

-Tone. It's not even a close race, IMO. This thing has sooo much more range than the other head.

-Looks. This thing is pretty, and the soft tolex is awesome.

-Tubes. Man, does it make a difference or what? KABOOM.

-Controls. They are much, much more sensitive than the regular CL, and in a good way. It's just richer tonally. Wow.

Bottom line, if you want an Ampeg, and you can get your hands on one of these, do it. Listen to Buster, he speaks the truth on the Heritage. And it does couple well with the Aguilar DB 410, although I may buy a US or Heritage SVT410-HLF, just to have it around...
  18. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i'm holding out for a heritage b-15 ;) but i'm glad you're digging your head. ampeg's making great stuff these days.
  19. kosmicwizard

kosmicwizard

IMHO eskimo, get the 8x10 heritage not the 4x10HLF ...
  20. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

I'd love to own one, but I can't justify spending that much $$$ at the moment. My b15 gets me my ampeg fix for now...