1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD Ampeg Inside !

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AdamR, Jan 13, 2014.

1. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    UPS just dropped of my new SVT 7 Pro. Luckily I rehearse at my shop so I got to plug it in right away. Right away its obviously louder them my Hartke Kilo which seems to lose volume quickly as you turn the compressor up. The Ampeg I can crank the compressor and not feel like Im even close to running out of power.

The previous owners setting were pretty much spot on so I did very little tone tweaking. I may end up moving the mid frequency once I get a chance to use it with the band. I didnt try any pedals with it yet but all I ever use is a DI/preamp pedal and I usually use one that is similar in tone to what amp Im using. I used a MXR with my GKs and a Hartke Bass Attack with the KIlo.

I have a gig Saturday so I will be giving it a work out

Attached Files:

2. pfox14

pfox14

Really nice rig man. Congrats.
  3. Epidrake

Epidrake

Congrats. That looks killer.
  4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Got to spend an hour with it. Didnt get to crank it yet but enough volume to shake walls. Dialed in a killer tone very quickly. Tried my Hartke Bass Attack with it. Didnt like so I swapped it out for my MXR M80 which didnt really change the tone at all (leaving the eq at noon) so Ill leave that in place just in case the sound guy on Saturday give me hell about using the amps DI.

I would have loved to try my VT Bass but it died a few weeks ago so I may have to pick up a VT Bass DI in the future.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. bassguppy

bassguppy

Congrats....I've had my 7PRO for over 2 years and it's still my #1 amp. Don't be afraid to crank it with the right speakers, the amp will handle it. Great grind with a P bass. I use mine thru a pair of 115's but I really need to grab an 810 as your rig looks very intimidating.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Cool beans! Hope you enjoy it!
  7. Verminaard

Verminaard

Try your FX through the loop... there is a blend which changes everything.
  8. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I dont really use any effects, Just a DI pedal for those sound guys that dont feel like walking to the back of the amp.
  9. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Congrats! That's a stunning looking setup.

It should be it's own earthquake zone. ;)
  10. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

That rig should be good for at least an 8 on the Richter scale. Enjoy.
  11. Kustom_Thunder

Kustom_Thunder Supporting Member

I just picked up a svt 7 pro mad 410 hlf and couldn't be happier
  12. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    It definitely moves some air.