1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NAD: Ampeg SVT II & Bergantino NV610 Content

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by WayneLiao, Mar 31, 2014.

1. WayneLiao

WayneLiao

I used to play bass in a couple bands in my college and early post college years. At one point I had a early 70's Blue Line SVT, 2 Skunkworks SVT's and SVTII-Pro but they were all sold many years ago. I wanted to get a bass setup again and looked around. The new class D/mirco size amps were amazing but after much thought I thought I would go with the tried and true and my #1 passion. I checked on eBay and saw the pre-owned Eddie Van Halen Ampeg SVT-II Non-Pro's for sale. Drove up to LA to checked them out and ended up picking out this one. Finished it up by pairing it with a Bergantino NV610T. I heard these were discontinued and there was one left at Bass San Diego so I went and snatched it up. Technically I got these a few weeks ago but finally got a chance to drag it to the studio this last weekend. All the good tones I remember back!

[​IMG]

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

That is a beastly rig. I love my SVT-II np.

3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Great choices! You can spend more and different, and carry less weight, but you won't find a better-sounding rig. IMHO, of course.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Great score congrats I swear those SVT II's look heavier than than a regular SVT even without a road case I bet that sounds killer if anything happens to it you should show up at Eddie's studio and demand some service :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. WayneLiao

WayneLiao

Thanks guys. I believe the SVT-II is actually quite a bit lighter than a regular SVT (at least the original two channel ones). The SVT-II is 75lbs; I don't remember for sure but those old SVT's felt about a hundred pounds. The berg was surprisingly easy to move around given the wheels, handles and low height.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like the head.

:D

8. jmpiwonka

jmpiwonka Supporting Member

yep, the svtII is pretty easy to move
    i regularly hold mine with one hand while i open doors...i don't hold it like that for very long though :smug:

i also took it out of the case because it was too big and heavy that way.

9. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Nice rig! One of mine is an SVT 2 Pro and a NV610. Rockin'!!

My 2 Pro MAY be lighter than my vintage SVT. But, in a 6U rack, with a tuner and power condition, it is WAY heavier! Putting that thing up on top of the 610 by myself is a lift I have to pause and really think about before I do it.

10. WayneLiao

WayneLiao

I had great memories of my old SVT-2 Pro; had it racked in a Mesa Boogie shock mount case and with the Eden cabs it took quite some effort to move it.

My SVT-2 is currently in a SKB and I was thinking of having a shock mount roadcase made, but now I'm having second thoughts since I was actually kinda able to lift the amp with the SKB by myself. Not sure if I wanted to add another 25lbs.

Who makes the best/good lightweight rack case? Maybe even with some shock protection? I got the SKB used and it's already kinda falling apart.

11. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

If I were going to be having my stuff moved by other people I might invest in a shockmount case. But, since I'm my own roady, I don't see any reason to mess with that. I just take a little care when moving it.

All my road cases are RoadReady, I believe. Definitely not light. But, pretty solid, I think.

12. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

They are listed as 85lbs IIRC.

Love the SVT-II, great amp, love mine and wish I could play it more at the moment!

Would love one of the NV610s too!