1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NAD: Fender Super Bassman

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by theLibrarian, Mar 31, 2014.

1. theLibrarian

theLibrarian Supporting Member

Have not had much time to fiddle with it, but so far I can't make it sound bad. My challenge is balancing the eq with higher volumes (read: turn the bass down) to avoid overdriving my cabinet.

Picture shows the head atop my fEARful 15/6 tube, which I built with this very head in mind! :hyper:

I have already embarked on a 1515/66 build and am very much anticipating the sound of them together.

[​IMG]

2. rllefebv

rllefebv Supporting Member

Looks phenomenal!! I'm local to P-Town... Where do you live? Ya know, in-case I wanna drop by and steal... Uh, I mean try out your amp?? :D

Seriously, nice amp and cab!

-robert

3. theLibrarian

Thanks Robert! I live in St. Johns but the head lives at an undisclosed rehearsal location ;)

4. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Gold Supporting Member

Nice, I went in the opposite order. Bought the Super Bassman, flatpack for a 15/6 tube shipped this morning. Careful with that footswitch... I'm very easy on my gear and broke that flimsy little thing in no time. Built a solid one out of a mini pedal enclosure (1590A if you know what that is...) and it's been doing just fine. The standard 1 button fender stomps that they bundle with their guitar amps work fine too and are $25 on amazon and much higher quality than the one included with the Bassman. Also, Bass Gear has a great in depth article on the EQ of the amp: http://btpub.boyd-printing.com/publication/?i=143796

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Linnin

Linnin

7. theLibrarian

Thanks for that eq link negativefx!