NAD - Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by PipeRain, Feb 12, 2014.

1. PipeRain

PipeRain Operator Of Pointy Basses

Picked this up a couple weeks ago, pretty much on a lark. Travelled from Oregon down to Monterrey with the fiance so she could visit her daughter and pick up a bunch of orchids from a greenhouse that specializes in her rather unique orchids and is closing down. I have been wanting a 4.5XL for a while and decided to spend some time trolling Craigslist to see if any were around (I haven't seen one in Oregon for months) and what they were going for. Saw an ad for an LH1000 and a 4.5XL in Vallejo for $300. Guy said he would separate the cab for $100 and the amp, a pretty nice 6U rack and Furman for $200. On the way home we hopped off the freeway and I picked up the cab, unlaoded several flats of orchids, loaded up the cab and stacked orchids on it. We grabbed some coffee and I decided to call the guy back and see if he would take $150 for the loaded rack and he agreed. We went back, unlaoded the luggage, loaded the rack, piled the luggage back on and came home.

And there it is, my $250 LH100 and 4.5XL. It's the first "Real" bass amp I've ever had so it's kinda like stepping onto a fast moving train from the platform but I'm liking it so far. The neighbors think it sounds pretty good.
    :bag:

[​IMG]

2. David Grunigen

David Grunigen

Congratulations! I've been playing Hartke gear for 20 years, and it's never let me down. I have an LH500, but I sorta wish I'd gone for the 1000....

3. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

At present, I have NO need for a rig that size...............but.....I'm envious. Very nice!

4. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington

Looks great - congratulations!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Me either, but it's tall enough that the cats can look out the living room window, and it still sounds good on '1' ...

7. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

100 for that cabinet is a great deal! It's a heavy SOB but it sounds really good.

8. Tbone76

Tbone76

Great grab! I have the LH500 and love the tone, and I've heard great things about the 1000, too. It has upgraded features from the 500, and that's an awesome price. Congrats!

9. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Nice. What a steal for that setup! Enjoy.

10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Wow what a great price congrats looks like a sweet rig.

11. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Superior deal on that rig, congrats!

:bassist:

12. PipeRain

Thank you gentlemen! Yeah, it's kind of a beast and WAY more amp than I need, but for $50 more than I paid for my Behringer BX1200 several years ago, how could I go wrong? Besides, headroom is a good thing, right?

13. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Nice score. No such thing is as to big of a rig. I run a Kilo and Hydrive 810

14. PipeRain

I'd live to run a HyDrive cab, even a 410, but unless I find one for a steal-deal like the 4.5XL, it's gonna be a while....