1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

NAD: Mesa Titan V12

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by chaosMK, Mar 24, 2014.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I just picked up this treasure from a local guy who was moving. Very cool amp! I need to spend a lot more time on it (so far just about 30 mins) but I love the general voicing. Very tubey... seems to be somewhere between the M-Pulse 600 and the Carbine in terms of style. The controls are cool, pretty straightforward for a Mesa amp.

The Titan has two channels, each with a footswitchable OD tone. Tons of options! There is some gnarley OD/distortion in this thing. Hopefully I can "open" this guy up soon and see how it really behaves.

I'm stoked. Even with my old-ass strings it made my bass sound amazing.

My D180 (full Winged C) may post to the classifieds soon.

I will probably spend some time putting together good quality clips/videos of how this sounds and maybe a comparison to my Bass 400 (very different sounding amp). When I was researching I didn't find a lot of examples of the Titan.

[​IMG]

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    That is a great head! I miss mine. Lots of juice, and the thing put out gobs of lows....and it hits with so much bite. It was great thru my PH810. Congrats!

3. Sponsored by:

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    Groom Lake, NV
    Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Congrats! BTW, old-ass strings sound amazing under any conditions.

5. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Haha... they do now. I am just thinking how much I am going to save on strings now (this amp might pay for itself!). I might go the Jamerson route. I might even have to start worrying more about my actual playing instead of my tone quest.

6. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
  7. I love my Titan V12, always get a good sound out it.
    Once and a while, I'll mix it up and run it through a Tech21 VT Bass rackmount preamp.

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Congrats on a monster head built by still one of the best music companies on the planet.