NAD: Mesa Titan V12

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by chaosMK, Mar 24, 2014.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I just picked up this treasure from a local guy who was moving. Very cool amp! I need to spend a lot more time on it (so far just about 30 mins) but I love the general voicing. Very tubey... seems to be somewhere between the M-Pulse 600 and the Carbine in terms of style. The controls are cool, pretty straightforward for a Mesa amp.

The Titan has two channels, each with a footswitchable OD tone. Tons of options! There is some gnarley OD/distortion in this thing. Hopefully I can "open" this guy up soon and see how it really behaves.

I'm stoked. Even with my old-ass strings it made my bass sound amazing.

My D180 (full Winged C) may post to the classifieds soon.

I will probably spend some time putting together good quality clips/videos of how this sounds and maybe a comparison to my Bass 400 (very different sounding amp). When I was researching I didn't find a lot of examples of the Titan.

[​IMG]
  2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

That is a great head! I miss mine. Lots of juice, and the thing put out gobs of lows....and it hits with so much bite. It was great thru my PH810. Congrats!
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Congrats! BTW, old-ass strings sound amazing under any conditions.
  4. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Haha... they do now. I am just thinking how much I am going to save on strings now (this amp might pay for itself!). I might go the Jamerson route. I might even have to start worrying more about my actual playing instead of my tone quest.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome

Can I buy it off you?