1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD,NCD,NCD!!!!Hiwatt/Mesa/Aguilar Content

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by kulit17, Jan 23, 2014.

1. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

NAD = New Amp Day

Been on my GAS list for a long time, but it's been very much elusive!!! Found it at a store for an awesome price!! I'm gonna get it re-tubed and looked over by a tech, but it's MINT!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NCD = New Combo Day

This was sitting in the store so lonely :help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NCD = New Cab Day
    Aguilar DB112NT

Had this one paid for sitting in the store for a bit....finally picked it up since I had the amp shipped there too. It should match well with my existing DB112

[​IMG]
  2. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

That Hiwatt looks amazing! How much was it, and what does it sound like? I understand they do the super-clean tube thing more than the dirty/compressed tube thing, is that correct?

Congratulations!
  3. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Did you just win the lottery?!?!

Nice. Especially the Hiwatt.
  4. kulit17

Thanks! Ya the Hiwatt was something totally unexpected! I played it briefly just to verify everything is in working order and that there's no weird anomalies with it. As far as I can tell, it functions as it should, but there is something weird occurring if I crank the presence knob. The Hiwatt does have a cleaner tonal character comparing it to my Mesa 400+. I'll give it a nice go though :bassist:
  5. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Congratulations on your HiWatt score! I play through a Reeves Custom 225, its American cousin, and smile every time I do. :)
  6. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

Wow...sweet score on the Hiwatt!. I would ask your tech to test the tubes.(rather than replace them) With the condition of the head i would bet that there is lots of life left in the tubes. Unless they are not orig and your looking for a characteristic of a different tube.
  7. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Interested to hear wahat's up. I also have a Hiwatt DR201... but mine is the 6x EL34 version. Looks like you got KT88s in yours.
  8. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful congrats all away around.
  9. kulit17

Thanks Dean! You got a good point - i'll give the tech I know a call later today to check if he got a tube tester.