1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD - Now Official. Ashdown Little Bastard

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lowfreqgeek, Dec 31, 2013.

1. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    I've had this for a few days, picked up from a local shop for evaluation, but couldn't take it back. So I officially made it mine today.

Awesome little amp! Everything I put through it sounds thick and warm, but the notes are clearly defined and seem to cut through with no problem. It's especially pleasing with my Greco hollowbody, Pbass, fretless EBMM SR5, and Shen SB200. There's definitely a bit of natural tube compression that I'm really digging. Even for 30W, it sounds plenty loud through my Berg HS410 for even medium size gigs. It'll get as dirty as you want when you push it, but it's always pleasing. Also sounds really pleasing through my AE112.

Ideally, I'd like to put a couple of Bag End S15Ds under this head, but I'll get some great use out of it right now both in the studio, and with my blues/roots/American band (strictly upright).

[​IMG]
  2. ShowLow

ShowLow Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

3. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Thanks, Showlow. I actually checked it out before I bought the LB. Some great little tube rigs in there!
  4. ShowLow

ShowLow Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Now the fun begins. First one to totally figure out the LB-30 tone controls wins!
  5. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

I got one too and run it through my AE212. Its definitely one of the best sounding amps I've ever owned and I've owned a ton of tube amps.

Congrats!
  6. basspedaler

basspedaler

oh yeah, the LB is an infectious piece! I love mine, and I do have a baggie S15x-D under mine. I have stacked a s10x-d with it too.
    and yes, from hollowbody to hifi slabs, old P's w/flats and fretless too, they all sound great. it's really responsive.. enjoy!!