NAD Overton Flyweight 200

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by fretno, Dec 21, 2013.

1. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so some first thoughts . I like it , it's punchy and loud and has a little edge to it which I like in a bass amp . It does seem to be a little darker than say a Markbass LMIII or most of the micros I've used , MB,GK,GB.. but it has a great straight in tone without the boosted eq of say a GK MB200 .It's also about twice the size of the GK ( it fits in my AI's carry bag) but has a few more controls and in/outs . It is not as refined as those amps as the housing has a few rough edges . Still I like it more than both of those amps as for me it's tone is closer to what I prefer . It does seem to have a little top end roll off built in and may seem a little compressed even with the compressor off but it still gives up a nice punchy dare i say aggressive or edgy tone . The compressor is tied to the input and can be too much if turned up but it can be bypassed with a front knob push on/off . A neg would be the fan is a little noisy but I can live with it , another neg is these are impossible to find . I got this one on a tip from Overton sales that a Canadian dealer Rainbow music had one .http://www.rainbowmusicshop.com/instock/amps.html
    Rainbow did indeed and promptly and very professionally shipped it to me in Los Angeles . With the cost of shipping it put the amp at $370 USD , it's list price was higher than their website but they don't even have any to sell.:eyebrow: Actually not really sure what is up with this company it's funny they don't have these things . Perhaps made in China I'm not sure , I don't see any "made In" on the amp and oddly there is a Rainbow serial sticker both on the back and inside like it was made for them ??? anyhoo I popped for it as I've been wanting to get my hands on one forever. It's a keeper , Overton seems to know what a bass should sound like and they have a nice little product here if they can get them out into the bass world I think you would see them more and more . While not as "honest" as my AI Focus or as powerful it's a cool little micro with some balls and packs a punch. :bassist:
  2. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

I wouldn't mind trying one if they are available. They have a larger 500 watt version.