1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NAD PF350 SVT210AV

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by andrklet, Mar 6, 2014.

1. andrklet

andrklet Guest

Just got a couple of hours with my new rig. It was a long journey from America to the north of Norway. Not many of these guys up here. My local shop hadn´t heard of it, but got exited and is probably ordering one for the shop after seeing mine. Felt a bit risky buying without trying, but so far I´m well happy! Punchy and precise beyond anything I´ve played before. Probably loud enough for my use with just the one cab, but I´ll probably get another anyway:bassist: Big thanks to JimmyM and all others who contributed with vast amounts of knowledge and advise!

One thing so far. With gain above about 2´o clock, I can get a bit of distortion even at low volumes, which seems fine. But it seems very on/off if you know what I mean? When I dig in just hard enough it kind of jumps out, especially on the low E, and disappears just as quickly. I´m not sure It will be so obvious with the band present, but alone, its quite predominant. Is this normal? I heard it with my crappy headphones as well, but then i thought it was my crappy headphones not coping.

My new rig :)
    [​IMG]

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It's actually pretty normal. As you back off the finger pressure, you put out less volume, therefore it's going to clean up. If you don't want it to clean up, turn the gain up louder.

Glad you're enjoying it so far...formidable little rig there for its size.

3. andrklet

andrklet Guest

Ok, thanks a lot Jimmy. Ill try turning it up a bit more. The on/of feel made me mistake the distortion to be the speakers not coping, so I was a bit worried at first. But I can get the same with low volumes, and the distortion, when present, sounds good. Is there any reason to be careful with cranking the gain to max, not that I really need it? Apart from distortion hiding fartouts?

Haven´t yet been able to push volume to its full potential. The wife started to fart out long before the speakers got anywhere near ;) Cannot wait to get it to rehearsal, for a proper test.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    LOL...the wife!

I never had a problem cranking gain with it and did it often. Hiding fartouts is really your only concern when doing that, but once you get used to it, you'll get a better idea of how much it can take before farting and then you should be good.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. andrklet

andrklet Guest

Yes. Thanks for you reassurance, that goes a long way! Will spend some time slowly getting to know my settings and finding the cabs limitations. I know the head has potential to overpower the cab, and I do not want to do anything Ill regret. So far I´m stoked and I think I´ve found my ideal -old guy wanting to relive the garageband dream- rig :) No more GAS for me...

...although an olympic white P would go nicely with my J...

7. johnpbass

johnpbass

Great sounding compact rig that punches pretty hard for its size! 2 o'clock on the gain is my sweet spot as well.
    Congrats on the new rig!

8. andrklet

andrklet Guest

Thanks. I was a bit worried due to low weight and size. As bigger often is better. But this will be a Sweet rig to carry and play. Can't imagine what 2 cabs will be capable of. Oops there's that gas...