1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD (sort of) Ampeg 7Pro & 2 new PF-115LF's

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Thundar, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Ok...so I didnt get them TODAY technically, but decided to roll them out for public consumption today. The SVT 7pro I got off of a fellow TB'r last month, and the cabs I got last week... 2 brand spankin' new PF-115LF's...the new ones without the tweeter. They are non-flip top and are rear ported. Havent had a chance to gig them yet, but the rig sounds pretty massive here in the house...and it sure is pretty to look at...LOL.
    I threw in the last pic with the B-100R just for grins. ;)
    Here is the link to the cabs on Ampeg's site:

http://www.ampeg.com/products/portaflex/pf-115lf/index.html#

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Sweet rig!! Love that AMPEG stuff!!!
  3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

That's Pimp. Looking forward to hearing it!
  4. rodl2005

rodl2005

+1 Congrats
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, that should take care of things ;)
  6. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

Nice lookin rig!!!
  7. bassguppy

bassguppy

Congratulations on a fine rig. I look forward to your next gig review.
  8. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

Back from the land of dead threads....

How is this 2x115LF rig working for you? I'm getting ready to buy one of the PF amps for my PF500 and 5 string. There are tons of info on the 210 and 115HE, but I am really curious to know more about the LF's...
  9. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

I gotta say Im really impressed with these cabinets. All in all, it has turned out to be a great combination with the SVT 7Pro. They turned out to be a brighter sounding cab than I expected, and that is a good thing...having a stack of 2 has really helped, of course, getting them up to ear level. I haven't had to want for more low end by any means :bassist:
  10. whitespikebass

whitespikebass

How does it sound with just one cab for smaller gigs? Also curious to how close in sound you can get to your B-100 with the 7pro and one of these cabs.

I had a friends B-100R at my house last week, and another friend's SVT-7PRO. I have been trying out different combinations when possible over the last several months. I LOVED the 15" speaker. I only have room for one other rig in my house and I'm just afreaid the B-100R would run out of juice too soon. I also loved the 7-Pro so I plan on getting one. Been bouncing between getting two of these with it, or the 212AV.

That setup looks boss!!!
  11. whitespikebass

whitespikebass