NAD SVT-7 Pro! Need rack case

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Zonked, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Zonked

Zonked

As it so happens,Yesterday I went to Guitar Center to look for a Christmas present for my nephew that plays guitar. As is habit, I strolled into the bass amp department just to have a look. Long story short, I walked out with a brand new SVT-7 Pro for me! I already had that amp on my radar, and couldn't pass on the $150 dollar discount. I am stoked and ready to rock!

For those with an SVT-7 pro, what are you using to protect your amp?

I was looking for something as light as possible and with a just enough depth, as to not have a lot of empty space in the back of the amp. I was looking at the SKB Model XRACK2 two space shallow rack. The dimensions seem to be just right, if I remove the feet from the back of the amp. The amp measures ten and a half inches in depth, and the case is also listed as ten and a half inches in depth. Anyone use this specific SKB model rack or something similar on your SVT-7 Pro? Thanks.

2. rodl2005

rodl2005

I put mine in a small suitcase, no rack. padded either side, fits leads etc in also.
    Got it from work. But, opp-shop & $5 :)

3. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
    rack for me with a 1 space korg tuner

4. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

I'm enamored with the Gigskinz rack bags.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zonked

Zonked

Hmm, a nice form fitting carrying bag/case like that would a good idea. Anyone else using something similar for their 7Pro?

7. Imaginos

Imaginos

I'm in the same situation as Zonked. Since I won't be having anything other in the rack than the SVT-7, I'd love to have a small, really protective rack case for it. Something like this would be awesome:

[​IMG]

I'm planning on keeping it in some sort of hard casing all the time so the air should be able to flow nicely throughout the thing.

8. EASonBass

EASonBass

9. funkybass

funkybass

I've been wanting a svt7 pro myself. Congrats!

10. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Look at the racks on rondomusic.com. Quite sturdy at a fraction of the price. I have an SKB xrack, and while it is light and does the job the back hatch is crap, and the design of it gets in the way of necessary connections.

11. bassguppy

bassguppy Supporting Member

I'm still shopping for a case/rack for my SVT7PRO also. I've had SKB, Road Ready, Gator, & Road Runner for various setups I've had. Each brings their own pluses/minuses to the table. But, between the "plastic" shell cases I'd go with SKB.

For a hard rack case there are more options as they are all similar so look at how the construction is (quality latches & handles, shell thickness, etc...). I still have my Road Ready 4 space rack and it will easily log many more years of service. I've never had a rack made by EWI but there are positive reviews about them here and on pro sound websites. They have a multitude of depths so it's easy to choose your needed depth. Reasonable cost also.

12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I like my 6u RoadRunner case. With the Pro7 I also have a Furman Power Conditioner, Fender Tuner, and Markbass LMIII.

13. ErnieD

ErnieD Supporting Member

Couple years ago, after pricing SKB/Gator/etc brand cases, I bought a 3 space hardcase from Rondo.com for my GBE750. Fit nicely, the front back covers had Gator style chrome latches. The space in the covers protected the front knobs well and I could stuff, powercord/speaker cords in the space of the rear cover.

Later sold that amp w/case to a TBer. I shipped using my wifes' work warehouse, they'd always done a pro job of packing basses, other gear for me in the past and I saved a few bucks via their FedEx acct. Well I found out after it was shippped they did not realize they had to pack the Rondo case w/amp in a packing box. :eek: TBer told me he found the amp/case with just a tag on the handle at his front door but it got to him fine, no issues to amp or case.

Whew, I was relieved, wife found out later the regular dude that had taken care of me in the past was not there that day. But that to me is a testament of how well made that Rondo.com case was made.

I have a shallow, 2 space SKB hardcase that I had to knotch out some of the back case opening with a exacto-knife for cables to plug into rear of an amp cleanly. And the crappy rear door fell off alot. ALSO, I keep a Alembic F-1X+Crown CD/XLS 1500 amp+Fender rack tuner in a 4 space, shallow Gator hardcase, really like that case, quality build. Then I keep my B1500 in a 3 space, deep SKB roller rack. That case was made well, works nicely.

Finally, I bought one of those Word Tour bags for my Streamliner 900 from Music123 and that bag is pretty nice for the price. Though the zippers stick alot when opening/closing the pockets. But it holds the amp head inside nicley, is well padded and holds 3-4 cables in the outter pocket easily, shoulder strap is nice too. But I'd check out Rondo.com to see if they still offer those hardcases, those were a bargain back then. Let us know what you find.

14. Zonked

Zonked

Yes! This is the ticket. This will work perfectly, and looks like it won't add too much weight. Thanks EASonBass! :bassist:

15. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Show us a pic when you get it racked. I bet it looks sharp.

16. Zonked

Zonked

I called the Carvin in Hollywood and they won't have any of the head cases in stock till the end of next week. When I get it I will post a pic incase others are interested.

17. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Media:
    I would like to see this. I just ordered the SVT-7 myself and am wondering what type of rack to get for it. The Carvin looks like a good option.

18. EASonBass

EASonBass

19. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sharp! Thanks for sharing. :)

20. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Media:
    Looks great! Do the rubber feet on the back of the amp stick out beyond the rack case at all?

21. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like that case...less racky, more ampy.