1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD (SVT Content!!!)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ReverseFender94, Dec 28, 2013.

1. ReverseFender94

ReverseFender94

An SVT has been my dream rig since I started playing bass, and I finally picked one up! I got it from a family friend and was told it's never been gigged, and it sure looks perfect. The original owner took the white piping off the cab but that doesn't bother me.

This thing absolutely ROARS. Just to scare the neighbors, I hooked up all my cabs to it last night and almost knocked my house down! With either of my P basses, I can get the tones I've been trying to get forever.

It's all USA and the head is an '01 and the cab is a '98.

And the obligatory pics:
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    And some family photos
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    [​IMG]
  2. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

Congrats
    How does it compare with the 4 Pro?
  3. ReverseFender94

ReverseFender94

I haven't done any side by side comparison yet, other than jamming with two bassists and two drummers last night (that should be another thread), but I'm gonna try to really compare them today
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful you should be all set and ready for anything.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Glad you got a 98 cab instead of one of the 2000-2005 cabs. They sound way better and aren't as dark. Enjoy your rig...there's nothing in the world like your first SVT rig!
  6. ReverseFender94

ReverseFender94

Thanks guys! I think I need to get rid of the 4 Pro stack now. I'm only 19 and my parents probably won't be thrilled if they see both of them when they get back from vacation!
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Never hurts to have a backup head. Sell the cabs and keep the 4 Pro.
  8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Congrats on both your Ampeg rigs! Hopefully your folks will let you slide. I've never played an SVT through more than a single 810. If your other two cabs are 8 ohm 410's, I bet that SVT set to 2 ohms rocking through 16 10"s is quite the experience!
  9. ReverseFender94

ReverseFender94

That was the first thing I did when I brought it home! I was knocking things off the shelves two floors up!
  10. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I'm envious! Man, I love that kind of power. Major pant leg flap!
  11. ReverseFender94

ReverseFender94

I'm contemplating it. I have a old beat up Hartke 3500 as a backup, but the 4 Pro is really a great head. I'm not sure I can justify keeping it rarely using it, especially since it's as heavy as the SVT.