1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD TCE BG250 210

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by tonyp145, Jan 6, 2014.

1. tonyp145

tonyp145 Supporting Member

I know I'll have to post a pic later when I get home, but just wanted to share that I went to Bass NW on Saturday and got a great deal on one of these brand new in the box. I had an RH450 and RS210 that I sold earlier this year (why you say? because I'm a moron!) So this is pretty much the same configuration with the added value of the TonePrints (although truthfully I'll probably use the SpectraComp most of the time so not much of an upgrade really!) Still it was great to get my old amp tone back for less than what I paid for the RH450 last year.

I've been away from the bass since last spring but am wanting to get back into it again and maybe join a band so I figured I should "renew" my membership in TB. :)
  2. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

It's a nice amp. Happy NAD!
  3. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

I was beginning to think I was the only one who actually has a BG250-210. I got mine for Christmas. I will have my first rehearsal with it on Thursday. So far I am really enjoying the amp at home. I've tried a few of the TonePrints but the only ones I really plan on using is the TubeDrive and Spectracomp.
  4. tonyp145

tonyp145 Supporting Member

Thanks guys, but I've decided to exchange it for a BG250-208. When I sold my gig rig last year I decided I didn't want to play 4 hour bar gigs anymore and I haven't changed my mind about that, so the 210 doesn't really make sense for me. I'm looking to get into a duo or trio situation with no live drums (possibly a drum machine). I played the 208 at Bass NW last night and was surprised how much it sounds like the 210 (the 115 has a very different voice) and how loud it is. Plus the 208 is the only one that can plug into an external cabinet so I could hook it up to an 8 ohm 2-10" later if I do decide I want to play in a louder setting. I think this will be a good compromise for me.

I'm not finding any reviews of the amp online, obviously since it's a new model. So I might post one of my own on TB after I've had it a few weeks. I'm going to head over the store soon to make the exchange. Thanks again for your support.