1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD......well almost

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Back2Bass, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Back2Bass

Back2Bass

Let me start this off by stating what I have been playing and was not totally unhappy with the sound. An Ampeg PF-500 through either 2-4x10 or an 1x15 Peavey Headliner cabinets. Either one or two depending on where I was rehearsing or playing shows. Using a 2001 Fender American Hot Rod bass and a Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver.

My search for easier set up and lighter amplification led me to look at some of the newer combos. Those peaveys weigh in at about 70lbs each. Plus a bag with other gear and Head.

I was interested in trying out several different ones but could only find a couple at my local GC and a great local dealer. The local dealer had the Mesa Walkabout and yes it was nice but just not great, to me. For the Price. The GC had the TC electronic BC250-210 and it was ok just not the big full tone as I was getting with the Sansamp Driver. They also had the Orange Bass Terror 2x12 and it was good but like the Mesa expensive. Then I tried The G-K MB210-11 and WOW it was great. Big full sound showing off all the String harmonics expected and clean loud.

After trying this I decided to order the MB212-11 for the ability to get the full 500 watts without adding an extra cabinet.730.00 including tax with 15% coupon. Half the Mesa and Orange price. I dI to sound board for larger venues. And Man am I happy. This thing has A huge full sound and shows off all the string harmonics that was achieved with the Sansamp and is LOUD and Clean when Loud. Simple controls The Boost knob along with a separate Gain knob that allows you to add clean growl at even low volumes is great.

Did I mention 41 lbs.

I've had for two weeks now and could not be happier. Have not used for a show yet but will be soon last one In December just got cancelled because of a Near blizzard. I'll post some Pics.
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Welcome to G-K :).