1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NAD!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Phendyr_Loon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Well I finally pulled the trigger on an Ampeg PF-500. It was at a decent price used from GC, and I did also purchase the 1 year protection plan with it.

While I was at my local GC last Sunday they had a Orange TB 1000 amongst their use amps. I took it for a spin and it was very "meh" for me, I don't know if I was expecting more from it or what. I then tried the PF 500 and it was just what I was after so I got a used model sent up from Palm Beach FL.

I went and picked up my amp today and gave it a quick test in the store after given the offer to do so. Everything worked and it now accompanies my 2x15 cab.

The only thing the amp is missing is the 4 screw on rubber feet. I'll have to do some searching on the interwebz for those.

[​IMG]
    IMG_0994 by PhendyrLoon, on Flickr
  2. P Town

P Town Guest

Very nice. I bought one when they first came out, and I love it. I have had no problems, but I only use mine occasionally, and often through head phones. When I have played it through (mostly 115 cabinets), it has always sounded very good. I don't see myself needing to use the direct out, but when I played around with that feature, I found that the DI had some noise if I selected the post eq signal path. Pre-eq di was perfect.

Excellent tone for little money.

What speaker cab are you planning to use?
  3. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

I'll be using this 600w, 4 ohm beast.

[​IMG]
    IMG_0993 by PhendyrLoon, on Flickr
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nice! Enjoy!
  5. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

Congrats on being the recipient of a beautiful sounding amp head. If it didn't come with a manual, they are available in PDF form online. I have one in my iPad library. :cool: