NAD!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Phendyr_Loon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Well I finally pulled the trigger on an Ampeg PF-500. It was at a decent price used from GC, and I did also purchase the 1 year protection plan with it.

While I was at my local GC last Sunday they had a Orange TB 1000 amongst their use amps. I took it for a spin and it was very "meh" for me, I don't know if I was expecting more from it or what. I then tried the PF 500 and it was just what I was after so I got a used model sent up from Palm Beach FL.

I went and picked up my amp today and gave it a quick test in the store after given the offer to do so. Everything worked and it now accompanies my 2x15 cab.

The only thing the amp is missing is the 4 screw on rubber feet. I'll have to do some searching on the interwebz for those.

[​IMG]
    IMG_0994 by PhendyrLoon, on Flickr
  2. P Town

P Town Guest

Very nice. I bought one when they first came out, and I love it. I have had no problems, but I only use mine occasionally, and often through head phones. When I have played it through (mostly 115 cabinets), it has always sounded very good. I don't see myself needing to use the direct out, but when I played around with that feature, I found that the DI had some noise if I selected the post eq signal path. Pre-eq di was perfect.

Excellent tone for little money.

What speaker cab are you planning to use?
  3. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

I'll be using this 600w, 4 ohm beast.

[​IMG]
    IMG_0993 by PhendyrLoon, on Flickr
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nice! Enjoy!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Immigrant

Immigrant

Congrats on being the recipient of a beautiful sounding amp head. If it didn't come with a manual, they are available in PDF form online. I have one in my iPad library. :cool: