Nail polish or polyurathene

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jim nolte, Mar 1, 2014.

1. jim nolte

jim nolte

On my Fbass BN5 front wood PU cover there is some wear from my thumb resting on the edge of the PU. Its' gone through the nitro finish and is down to the bare wood. I've been using a piece of tape to stop the wear but have never liked the feel of the tape on my thumb. Thinking about using clear nail polish or a poly coating made to coat artwork I saw at the local craft store. This will be only on the edge of the wood PU shell,not the whole cover. Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

2. P Town

P Town Guest

I'm no expert on finishes, but I think nitro is repairable. You may be able to do a touch-up wth nitro using a brush, and polish it out so it is virtually undetectable.

3. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

4. jim nolte

jim nolte

Cool, thanks guys. I went ahead and bought the poly varnish and a very pointy artist brush. Just got through putting on the second coat. Dries perfectly clear and can't be seen. I figured that the poly would be more durable than the original nitro. If I have to do this once a year or whatever no big deal:bassist: Jim

5. Register to disable this ad