NAMM Alert! 3 New Pigtronix Bass Pedals On The Way!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gabeja15, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Gabeja15

Gabeja15

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

Not entirely new pedals as obviously they are plundering their existing line and making them bass friendly, but all three definitely have some appeal.

I'll definitely check out all three. I really dug my EP-1 and the EP-2 for the brief time that I had it, but the uni-vibe style phasing wasn't for me. A small form factor envelope phaser tuned for bass though? Nice.

I think the Disnortion has been overlooked as a dirt pedal for bass so I think the Bass Drive should be nice. And the Philosopher's Tone is a great compressor for what it is - looking forward to hearing bongo's thoughts on this bass version.

Nothing groundbreaking here, but some very solid offerings IMO.

3. XXL

XXL Custom User Title Supporting Member

Hmm Bass Envelope Phaser. Just might have to give that one a spin.

4. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jared Lash

Your link leads to a page that says "Access Denied" at least for me.

7. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Should be solved now?

It was scheduled to be public in a few days, after publishing it I still had to remove the cached error page :)

8. Jared Lash

Yep, works now. Thanks for the additional info.

The Envelope Phaser looks like a great pedal. Also nice to see that they incorporated the stacatto circuit and made it easy to swich between up and down envelopes.

I wish they'd opted for a charge pump to up the voltage internally from 9V to 18V so it wouldn't require its own power supply but I'll still try one out.

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I had an EP-1 that was awesome as a filter, but never really got on with the phaser portion. Wonder if this may be more to my liking(?)

10. beggar98

beggar98 Supporting Member

The envelope phaser looks great. Might finally replace my old Stereo Polyphase...

11. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Am I being an idiot? The Envelope Phaser appears to be an envelope filter with no phasing capabilities? I know Pigtronix have another pedal with both envelope and phaser on it, but this doesn't look like it does. Which isn't an issue, but where do they get the name from? Is this a standard envelope filter or is it different in some way?

12. Swift713

Swift713

A phaser is a kind of filter. This one is controlled by an envelope follower rather than an LFO.

13. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

I've been waiting to see if they'd make a stripped down version of some of their bigger pedals like the EP-2 and Echolution, so I'm eager to give Bass Envelope Phaser a try. I'll probably give the Bass Fat Drive a go as well, though I'm not that interested in the compressor, since if I wanted to put a compressor on my board I'd just go straight for my already fantastic Philosopher's Tone. I really like Pigtronix, their concepts and their quality, though so far I've mostly used their pedals on guitar. Most of their gain pedals have a fuzzy saturated tube amp quality to them that I personally really like. Can't wait to hear some demos of these. I've also been hoping they would come out with some bass specific pedals in a similar format to the Aria/Polysaturator/Philosopher's Tone as well. Glad to see they're expanding more into bass specific fx in general though.

14. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

My only question is: Will it sound like the EP-1 or the EP-2? I owned the EP-1 and loved the envelope side; didn't care for the LFO. I've only heard demos of the EP-2, but it sounds more like "reh-oo" than "waow." I prefer "waow." (Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about!:D)
    I can't wait to hear a good demo.

15. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

16. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I will certainly give the comp a go, and expect it will be good. That said, their line about "never before has so much bass friendly compression been squeezed into such a small package" just makes me facepalm.

17. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Ha, Doug Wimbish's demo freakout seals the deal. I'm definitely gonna pick up the fat drive and envelope phaser, once they're available.

18. arbitrary

arbitrary

any pricing info on the envelope phaser?

19. ReIgnition

ReIgnition if you are the big tree, we are the small axe...