NAMM highlights

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lexington125, Jan 25, 2014.

1. lexington125

lexington125

After commuting to Anaheim every day for 3 years to build the Cars Land and Star Tours attractions at Disneyland, I swore I would never make that trip down to Orange County ever again. But now I regret not hustling up tickets for this year's NAMM show.

The show is halfway over and I'm looking for highlights, specifically new bass amp head and cabinet introductions. What did I miss?
  2. High Camp

High Camp

One thing I heard of is Fender's new Rumble line, there's already a tread going on...
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    In a day or so I should have pics of the new DNA Helix.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

New James Demeter Preamp, lots of New Peavey micros and cabs.
  5. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

People on here have been talking about the 3 new highlighted basses from ibanez, single cut 6 string, a fretless, and a 30" 6 string bass
  6. bajocallao

bajocallao Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: D'addario Strings, Mono Cases, Aguilar Amplifiers
    They really are sweet
  7. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

friend of mine in the media said that besides the updated Rumble line (which does not spin my propeller too much) Fender showed an unbelievable set of custom shop instruments. I think its the 60th anniversary of the Strat or something like that, so apparently they brought a major display of their custom shop stuff. He sent me a pic of about 6 very nice '51 style P-basses, with several cool looking J's in the background.

not new per se, but I thought it was pretty cool:cool:
  8. DogBone

DogBone

Peavey has some good looking micros that have piqued my interest.

I wasn't really in the market, but the Mini Max has a good chance of becoming one of my next purchases, particularly if the rumored street price of $300 is accurate.

400 watts, 5 pounds, built in tuner, and chickenhead knobs, what's not to love?

[​IMG]

There's also a 1K watt Headliner and 1K watt MiniMega that's getting quite a bit of attention as well.

Thread about them here:
    www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/finally-new-peavey-bass-heads-mini-1048669/
  9. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

CHICKEN HEAD KNOBS! There is a nice throw-back.
  10. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

I was at the GK booth!
    Finally got to hear the Fusion 800. Loved it.
    I'm not to sure, but it look like GK has a different cab.

CX210 cab
    I didn't get info on it but I'm stopping by again tomorrow.
    I was more focused on the MBFusion amps.
  11. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

LOL.... he comes out with a new one every NAMM that never sees the light of day:D

Seems like a year of most companies not adding much to their product line (at least in the bass amplification category). Tough times out there for sure.

Who would have thought 10 years ago that the biggest news out of NAMM in 2014 is Peavey Micro's (which do look very nice).
  12. Junk420

Junk420

Dingwall has a new NG2 bass based off the combustion, as well as a new 5 string p bass

Darkglass has a new on board preamp that is for sale, but also comes in the NG2.

Bunch if new pro model guitars and basses, heard a lot of good stuff about those new Rumble amps too
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, it's the same one. It's now the 1350, and it's due out in March, according to Judy Nordschow, shown below with Chris from Bass San Diego.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. groooooove

groooooove

i'd be in for a 30" bass and singlecut.

i dare not google them, because i cant afford any basses right now.
  15. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
    Sorry this post is late. Vivid introduced the new Vivid VB1500 and a series of super, super lightweight cabs. All bass amp design done based on comments made to my posts earlier in the year about my Vivid amp. Since I am an endorser, I won't comment on it more then to say that their booth was crowded all NAMM, and I saw many TBers trying it out.
  16. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

+1 Looks like pretty much the same amp I tried two years ago at NAMM. At the time, he told me they would be shipping in March:bag::p I'm not kidding:rollno:
  17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

I like the grey color. It looks dusty while fresh out of the box. ;) Or maybe it is the one he showed a couple years ago. :D
  18. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I LIKE the idea of Sidechain Compression...

19. B String

B String Supporting Member

K... I have to say after watching Roger Baer go through the process of getting his Valkyrie to market. For small companies like Baer or DNA, it can literaly take years to bring a product like an amp to market IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY.

Larger companies have engineers on staff and established production facilities they work with. The smaller boutique guys have to find through trial and error people they can trust not to muck it up and screw them. For example...
    It took Roger Baer YEARS to get his amp the way he wanted it, not because he flaked or didn't care. It was (and is) an on going process of finding subcontractors who are good enough and honest enough to get it done right.
    There are so many ways to get your product derailed while trying to it to market, it would make your head spin. David Norchow has been used to putting out quality products. He may have lacked money or resources during the last years to complete this amp to his satisfaction.
    This is just my observation.
  20. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I agree. It is just better if they don't lie. I have NO problems with a designer taking a long time. Jim Bergantino spends at least a year tweaking his new cab designs, as an example. He just keeps his mouth shut until it is actually ready to ship:bag:

I know stuff happens. That is why these guys should keep their mouths shut until they have those things worked out. There is a right way and a wrong way to introduce products. This is the wrong way.