1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Nashville Bassists?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dukeorock, Aug 10, 2012.

1. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized fEARful/FEARLESS/greenboy designs builder
    Never noticed any 'club' type stuff for Nashville bassists, even though Nashville probably has more high level musicians than any city in the world, per capita...

Thinking it might be nice to join up, do GTG's and such...discuss gigs, try each others gear, etc...what say ye?
  2. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    Interesting...no one? I'll bump a few times to see :)
  3. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Yo yo. Nashville guy here.
  4. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    That's two of us! Funny, I thought there were quite a few :)
  5. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

You would think. Play many Broadway gigs?
  6. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    I sure used to when I first moved here...been touring too much the past few years, though I'm doing Laylas with Mark Collie in the 22nd...be nice to get back there :)

Yourself?
  7. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Occasionally, not as much as I'd like though. I'll be playing at National Underground at the end of the month and Legend's early next month.
  8. scotch

scotch Will play bass for fish tacos. Plus cash. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    I'll bite!

Don't play a ton around town - but I pick up my mail here! :)
  9. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    For the longest time, I didn't play Nashville more than once or twice a year due to the old touring schedule...kinda miss it though
  10. Bass Mentor

Bass Mentor

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Lava Cable, E&O Mari, Rupert Neve Designs
    I have been in Nashville since Dec. 82 and actually lived here for about 18 months in the mid 70's -- you are correct about the number of world class musicians in Music City ...used to tour a ton in the 70's thru 92' and also some sessions. but since '92 all sessions -- I'm also doing bass tutoring privately and via Skype that's been very rewarding as I love to teach...I keep in touch with some of my former/current students as to what is going on in the live music scene and I get out to a couple local shows here per month...I don't think people outside the Nashville area fully appreciate how deep and wide the talent pool is here....incredible music here:)
  11. plainman

plainman Supporting Member

I'm in Nashville too. I'm not a professional musician, and I probably bring the talent average down quite a bit. Playing at the blues jam at Cragnackers out in Old Hickory is the extent of my playing with other folks.
  12. MissTheTrain

MissTheTrain

I'm an hour outside of Nashville if that counts. I have played some on broadway but not much.
  13. renobassman

renobassman

Another Nashville guy here. Haven't played out a lot lately but it's starting to pick up. Actually playing at National Underground the day after tomorrow.
  14. asonepraise

asonepraise

I'm here in Nashville. Not that great on bass--keys is my main instrument--but would love to hang with some of you all to get better. I've got a Carvin B50 on the way and there's nothing worse than a shiny new axe but mediocre skills! It'd be cool to connect with some of the local bass players here.
  15. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    It counts :)
  16. Ajb123ajb

Ajb123ajb

Just moved to the Nashville area from Knoxville, and picked up the bass on the way. There's a very diverse music scene here, so it's easy to find good musicians to jam with. I'm digging it so far!
  17. HailCorduroy

HailCorduroy

Nashville guy here (well, White House). Weekend warrior in a cover band. I know a million guitarists around town, but very few bassists.
  18. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito

I'll chime in. I play in cover band(s) primarily in the suburbs.
  19. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    I'm always a bit surprised...big town with tons of bass players, but not very connected for whatever reason.

I live in Inglewood, East Nashville...my main band for years is Th' Legendary ShackShakers. Been together about 12 years and have toured all throughout the US, Canada and Europe, over 200 shows a year...finally, we're taking a little hiatus to get over burnout! I'm on tour as we speak with a Nashville artist named Derek Hoke. Fun stuff :)

Hoping one day some of us Nashville players could hang, maybe do a GTG, and check out each others basses, amps, etc.
  20. scotch

scotch Will play bass for fish tacos. Plus cash. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Are you on facebook, Mark? Theres an invitation-only bass community that does a lot of gtg's and gear-networking, etc... I've never made it to a gtg (always working it seems...), but there is a definite online-meets real world community there!