Nashville-bound for St Patrick's weekend, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TheBear, Mar 13, 2014.

1. TheBear

TheBear

Hey y'all, I'm going to be in Nashville this week to get a feel for the city and see if I want to move there when my lease is up. Do any of you have any recommendations of where to check out live music, cool gear shops, neat neighborhoods and bars? I'd definitely like to do something St. Patrick's Day themed if possible.

2. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave

as far as cool gear shops...check out corner music on Granny White pike and, if possible, drive the 20 miles or so to Murfreesboro and check out the Low End (only during week days, closed on weekends)...also Gruhn guitars on 8th ave south

as far as cool places to party for SP day, check out lower broad....lots of folks there and a good number of pubs, restaurants etc.

also, go across the bridge to east Nashville and check out places around the so-called five points area

i'm afraid if you're coming from Chicago, Nashville will be a little bit of a let down...:D

[​IMG]

3. TheBear

TheBear

Hey Dave,

I kinda figured St. Paddy's weekend would be somewhat more subdued than Chicago simply because Nashville doesn't have the same history as Chicago and the Irish. This was simply the only weekend that I had free to come check out nashville.

Can you tell me where people in their 20's and 30's tend to hang out, get a beer and listen to some tunes? I didn't realize that Nashville had so many different neighborhoods until I got here last night.

I'll definitely check out The Low End and Gruhn's!

4. JFOC

JFOC

Lot's of Honkey Tonks downtown, wander into whichever is playing music you like. I enjoyed Tootsies.

Leave your wallet behind when you visit Gruhns...

Also the country hall of fame is very cool, tons of vintage Martin & gibson guitars

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. punkrocko

punkrocko Supporting Member

Other than the lower Broad’ scene, I know Dan McGuinness, and Tin Roof on Demonbruen do a pub crawl for St. Patrick’s day.

For music you might want to check out:
    Kenny Vaughan at 12 Street Taproom on Mondays
    Whitey Johnson at Bourbon St. in Printers Alley on Tuesdays
    The Wooten Brothers at 3rd and Lindsley on Wednesdays

7. Charley Umbria

Charley Umbria I'm Really a Drummer Supporting Member

Don't forget Carter Vintage Guitars downtown.

+1 on Corner Music, too. J.D. is the man to see in the bass dept.

For general SPD mayhem, your best bet is Lower Broadway/2nd Avenue or 5 Points in East Nashville.