1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBA Season 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by elgecko, Oct 30, 2012.

1. elgecko

elgecko

Finals: Lakers vs Heat

Discuss.
  2. chris1125

chris1125 Supporting Member

After the cavs showing today, I think Lebron will regret leaving. We're taking it all this year!
  3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

Yes, and frogs will also stop jumping on lilly pads.
  4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler Supporting Member

5. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

I'll be cheering for the Wolves because someone has to like them. Also, Kevin Love is no slouch.
  6. Topspin

Topspin

Go Thunder. :spit:
  7. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I watched ~5 minutes of the Celtics - Heat game on TV last night. In that brief time Rajon Rondo got called for two technical fouls. Not an auspicious start to the season, but I still think the Eastern Conference Finals will be Miami vs Boston again.

Lakers? Has anyone seen that Frankenstein play yet?
  8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Nice opener by the Heat, they took care of business even though LBJ missed time with leg cramps. Allen certainly looked good against his old teammates.

Classy move by Rondo grabbing Wade by the neck with 17 seconds left and Miami up by 11. (Not quite a clothesline, but close.) Dude's a great player, but also a straight-up punk. And KG blew off Allen when he tried to say hello. KG seems to be getting more childish as he ages--I used to like him.

Like most folks, I'm interested to see how the Lakers mesh. I think Nash and The Most Indecisive Man in the World should certainly fit in better than Malone and Payton did.
  9. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

10. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

11. GregC

While I thoroughly dislike the Lakers and would enjoying seeing them fail, I don't think this says much about their prospects for the season. Let's see what they look like after 50 games or so.
  12. GregC

Heh, I'm from down there and used to read Hyde all the time--I disagree with him about half the time. I just lump this behavior in with KG and Rondo running into the locker room in the last game of the conference finals before the clock had even expired. Weak sauce, IMO.
  13. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Miami - Boston was a great game. Rondo and KG are pricks. Lakers suck...we'll see if they mesh later on in the season
  14. elgecko

elgecko

Take that back or no In-N-Out for you! :p
  15. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

16. Tractorr

Tractorr

I agree, it is going to take some time for DH to mesh with those guys. T

he biggest problem for the Lakers is their bench. Not so sure their second stringers are going to get it done when they need to spell their starters deep into the playoffs.
  17. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

Spurs look great and without manu!! :hyper:
  18. GregC

Man, Harden is going absolutely nuts so far! What a start.
  19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

But not in OKC, the NBA is the Big-Hollywood party city league now. The Harden trade was just one more nail in it's coffin. Oh it will be fun to watch superstars have one hour specials every couple of years to announce which team in NYC, Chicago, LA, Miami or Boston they're are going to sign with. But the rest of us in small markets are screwed.

In between Lebron, Howard, and now the Harden deal ( I loved all the naysayers last year telling me that OKC was proof I was wrong) the league is a joke. Stern got his league run by the superstars, but what we don't have is basketball.

I don't see how anyone can find it "interesting" that a team assembled not by the draft, or trading wisdom, but by a bunch of superstars deciding they want to go "hollywood" is a "story". Sadly the one thing we won't see this year is good team basketball being played by players who became a team together and know their roles. :rolleyes:
  20. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... Go Spurs !!

:D