1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD-$100 Craigslist Score!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gjbassist, Jan 26, 2014.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I picked up the immaculate SX Jazz bass today from a local CL ad. This thing looks like it came right out of the box! The guy I bought it from is a guitar player who thought he wanted to dabble in bass. He said he maybe played it half a dozen times. It's an old headstock model and I noticed when I got home that it has 70's pickup spacing! Bonus! I was originally going to replace the neck with a fretless neck but now I'm not sure. It is going to get a new tort pickguard though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Mike N

Mike N Supporting Member

Nice score!! Congrats!
  3. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

ooh...nice! Best to buy it from dabbling guitarists imo rather than from someone who's just starting out as they know all about adjustments and such.
  4. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

I saw that ad and thought about.
    It looks pretty nice.
  5. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59

Very cool score. Congrats!!
  6. gjbassist

Yeah I had noticed it a couple weeks ago when he first listed it at $125. I was interested then because it is an old headstock model. Once I saw he had dropped it to $100 I jumped on it.
  7. Steveaux

Steveaux

An SX J in 'burst/maple/tort? You're gonna love it ...

[​IMG]
  8. gjbassist

Well technically I already have one but it's a new headstock version.

[​IMG]