NBD!!! 1996 BC RICH.. Wee!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DanBass, Jan 10, 2014.

1. DanBass

DanBass Supporting Member

Thanks to the patience and coolness of a fellow TB member, I am the proud owner of this limited 1996 NAMM show gem.. Bernie-era, always sweet.

It arrived on Wednesday and we got acquainted last night!

Plays wonderfully.. :hyper:

I am seeking out the BC Rich fanatics that can tell me where I can get a case for this thing.. the top strap button is on the rear of the horn.. so fitting is a challenge.. and the body is not huge.. but I can always pad around that..

Anyway, any ideas who to talk to or contact for a case? I can't do the bag thing.

Attached Files:

2. DanBass

DanBass Supporting Member

The pesky strap button.. and head stock..

Attached Files:

3. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    I'm in the same boat. I've got a 1987 Warlock bass that doesn't fit in any case I own, so it doesn't go out to play.

I replaced all the tarnished gold hardware for new black, and she looks great. Needs some minor fretwork above the 12th (which I'll get to someday) but other than that plays great, too.

[​IMG]
    And that strap button makes me crazy, too.

4. Doctor J

Doctor J

Wow, that is very nice. I've never seen one of those before. Congratulations

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. maves75

maves75 Supporting Member

I am late to be of much good, but wanted to share what I did to house my Wave. After too much searching and reading lots of measurements for various cases I bought a case fitted for the Mockingbird/Widow, gutted it and made my own. I needed 14.5 inches inside width, 47.5 length and that was harder to find than I realized. Have you found a case already? Harley Benton has a case that should fit. I ordered one from Germany. The wrong case arrived, so in a fit of frustration I bought another brand new case and did it myself.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Congrats on a very cool bass
    Hey Rip this might fit
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191187997255

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I would check here http://www.bcrich.com/webpage/bags-and-cases
    http://www.maxlinemusiccases.com/guitarcases.html

9. Scott Baldwin

Scott Baldwin Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Canada
    Hi there ... just came across this post. Did you solve your case issue?

If not, you may want to check out the pictures of the custom designed road case attached. I had it built for my BC Rich 1978 Eagle Bass. Built by Big Deal Cases who build for all kinds of entertainment industry applications.

The case with guitar inside weighs under 50 lbs. Super strong, velour interior, lightweight new-tech material developed by Big Deal. Problem for me is I don't need it. The travelling I thought I would do with my Eagle Bass likely won't happen.

So if I can find a home for the road case, I'll find another solution for the Eagle Bass. See what you think.

Thanks,
    Scott

Attached Files:

Doctor J likes this.
  10. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dude, I demand some more pics of that Eagle uncovered and uncased, that is frigging stunning!

11. Scott Baldwin

Scott Baldwin Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Canada
    Here you go ... it's a monster with Bartolini Pickups installed. Incredible sustain and power with that neck through the body design.

Attached Files:

Doctor J likes this.